Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Jeep will start but guages blank, stuck in park, wipers won't turn off??

Old 04-13-2011, 11:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just experienced the "no bus" message yesterday. Went to start the jeep and nothing at all, then the message came up. Checked the battery (12.6V) & heard relays clicking. Tried disconnecting the battery and that didn't help. Put a load tester on the battery and it shot down to weak/replace.
Installed new battery this morning and magically everything went away. Started right up after my liquid lunch and we'll see how it goes on the ride home from work..
Old 04-13-2011, 11:56 AM
RLT
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cbadams
I just experienced the "no bus" message yesterday. Went to start the jeep and nothing at all, then the message came up. Checked the battery (12.6V) & heard relays clicking. Tried disconnecting the battery and that didn't help. Put a load tester on the battery and it shot down to weak/replace.
Installed new battery this morning and magically everything went away. Started right up after my liquid lunch and we'll see how it goes on the ride home from work..
Just interested at how have you got out of the battery before it decided it had enough ?
Also what type of battery came with your JK.
I've got the CRD 2.8 and it came with an Optma yellow top, so I'm wondering how long I'll get out of it.

Thanks
RLT
Old 04-13-2011, 12:53 PM
JK Newbie

My original battery lasted about 2.5 years. Don't remember what the original brand was. I bought a generic battery from Fleet Products which only lasted 1.5 years. So I figured I wouldn't be cheap this time and got an Interstate Mega-tron..
Old 04-13-2011, 01:28 PM
RLT
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cbadams
My original battery lasted about 2.5 years. Don't remember what the original brand was. I bought a generic battery from Fleet Products which only lasted 1.5 years. So I figured I wouldn't be cheap this time and got an Interstate Mega-tron..
Thanks for reply.
Batterys coming up to two years so I'll get checked out in the next month or so.

RLT
Old 04-13-2011, 01:36 PM
JK Newbie

Default Shorts

Mine was at the OVA, I just got off the trail and when I went to go for an evening ride, the dash lites went crazy blinking and the jeep wouldn't start. a few guys tried to brain storm what was wrong but to no avail. So I drank...Next morning just before I called AAA I tried to start it, it started! The lights were blinking but I made it home. 100 miles. Turns out it was the electric sway bar disconnect's module, soon as the shop unpluged it and disconnected the battery and then hooked it back up, it ran fine. LOL
Old 04-13-2011, 01:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Glockem
Mine was at the OVA, I just got off the trail and when I went to go for an evening ride, the dash lites went crazy blinking and the jeep wouldn't start. a few guys tried to brain storm what was wrong but to no avail. So I drank...Next morning just before I called AAA I tried to start it, it started! The lights were blinking but I made it home. 100 miles. Turns out it was the electric sway bar disconnect's module, soon as the shop unpluged it and disconnected the battery and then hooked it back up, it ran fine. LOL
Weird. Your sway bar caused all that?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2012, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default same Issue

disconnected Battery for 15 minutes......Worked fine afterwards....Its been very Humid in NJ....Still scratching my Head....
Old 10-26-2012, 03:18 PM
JK Newbie

Default No dash lights, Engine starts, Stuck in park..... WTF is it?

This crap is happening to my 2011 Wrangler today.

Turn on: No dash lights; wipers at full blast, won't stop; radio/clock on; power windows working.
Engine turns on, sounds normal; Won't shift out of park.

Tow driver overrode the shift so he could get it out of park.
Took it to the stealership, and they were all saying, "That's strange.... Never seen THAT before...."

Hours later, they called me and said it's running fine and they can't find anything wrong with it. All they did was wait and turn it on a bit later.

Now my question is.... WTF? Why is this happening with Wranglers? Obviously inconvenient and unsafe. Wtf.........????

Mechanic said there are different computers to control the Power (PCN?) and trans system.... so if it was a broken computer, that wouldn't explain why it couldn't come out of park, or else why the dash lights/wipers were all wack.

I don't like this.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:20 PM
JK Newbie

Default Battery? Recurrence?

So is it battery then???

Has this recurred for anyone?
Old 10-26-2012, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Could it be something to do with the security system?

Quick Reply: Jeep will start but guages blank, stuck in park, wipers won't turn off??