Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

JK hard top bolt size

Old 07-28-2014, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK hard top bolt size

Anyone have an idea of the bolt size for the hard top is. I'm pretty sure it's metric. Looking specifically for thread pitch. I want to replace the torx bolts with something like this, but there's no way I am spending $38 (Quadratec price). Thanks.

Warrior Products 2950 - Warrior Products Hard Top Quick Release Kit for 07-14 Jeep® Wrangler JK & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec
Old 07-28-2014, 10:17 AM
JK Newbie

If you take one if your bolts out and go into lowes or Home Depot, they have the ability to match threads and probably carry the same knob. I know because I bought some at lowes.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

That was the plan, but I just wanted to know if someone knew the thread pitch. I'll be headed to Lowes to figure it out. Thanks though.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:42 PM
JK Newbie

I went that same route, taking one of the screws with me to Ace Hardware just around the corner. They have a number of different sized thumbscrews but none the right size. But more importantly, I noticed that to piecemeal a set together would cost me roughly $30 for the set - about $5 per.

And while I'll admit that I really like the look of the Warrior Hard Top Quick Release Kit you linked to, for close to 1/3rd the price, I opted for this set instead:

eBay - Hard Top Fast Removal Screw Fastener Kit for Jeep Wrangler JK 2007 through 2014

In fact, mine should've arrived while I'm at work today!

Rob O.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:21 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased this little kit and the small ratchet and torxs bit is perfect for removing the HT bolts. Seems easier than thumbscrews. Perfect for removing the door hinge bolts too.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-107952286.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	568235  

Quick Reply: JK hard top bolt size