Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

JK Wrangler - U-Connect Module

Old 12-17-2014, 09:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK Wrangler - U-Connect Module

Where can I find a U-connect module and wiring harness for my JK? Can't believe this isn't included in all models.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:20 AM
JK Newbie

Let me google that for you
Old 12-18-2014, 05:32 AM
JK Freak

This should help you,

Making the UConnect Work (I did it)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My wife wanted me to make the UConnect work on her 07 Sahara Unlimited for a Christmas present. It has a button on the radio, but that is all I knew.

So I got on THIS website and found that I have a MYGIG radio and I should be able to get everything I need from the local Dodge dealer.
I have to say, I was REALLY disappointed at how little the dealer knew about this radio. The forst quote I got to get the UConnect to work was $600.

Well, I couldn't afford $600 so I got back on THIS website and did a little more reading. Turns out all I need is a microphone and an upgraded disc. So I called the Dodge dealer again and told them what I learned. They transfered me to parts where I got the second quote for $350. That was a little better but it was obvoius the parts guys wasn't sure what he was quoting me.

I ended up getting it done myself for $45. That is why I came back and started this thread. Here's what I did.

Go to this website: http://mofv.com/mygig/
This website has more info on these MYGIG radios than you can imagine. To identify your radio, look on the bottom right of the faceplate and read the 3 letters. Mine happende to be a "RER". this made my UConnect easy to hook up.
I went to this website MYGIG MICROPHONE and bought a microphone for $20. It actually cost $35 with shipping.

Now, if you're smart enough you can download the latest software update from this website MYGIG MICROPHONE
I wasn't smart enough so I got on e-bay and found a guy (jkforeward) that had the software on a disc (actually 2 discs), sent to my door for $10. When I got the discs, I called the guy and he walked me through downloading them.

DONE!! It works great. My wife's happy and it only cost $45.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

which radio is in your JK? is it the color screen unit or the standard radio?

if its the standard radio does it have the Phone buttons on it?

the kit is different for a JK with the color screen radio vs the regular radio.

-Christopher
Old 12-18-2014, 11:42 PM
JK Newbie

It's the standard radio without the coloured screen. It has all of the phone buttons etc.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

im assuming your JK is a '14, this is the kit listed for it to add U-connect functionality.

Jeep UConnect Bluetooth Kit - Mopar Item # 82212159, # 82212499, # 8221175AB, # 82211878, # 82211877, # 82211879 and # 82207853AF #UConnect

the steering wheel buttons are another part, if you had the connectivity group on your Jeep you would get phone buttons on your steering wheel. if you dont care then you dont have to add these..

11 14 12 13 Dodge Chrysler Jeep Steering Wheel Switch LH Side Uconnect Phone | eBay

on the older JK;s (before 2011) steering wheel buttons didnt exist .. the last JK I added U-connect to was my '10. I ordered the option on my '13.

once you install the Gear, you will have to go to the dealer and get it Starscanned into service (they usually do it free if you are nice to them)..

to be 100% sure you can call the parts dept and make sure the U-connect Kit in the link is the correct for 2014. the link says it is, however lots of things changed on JK first in 2011, then in 2012 with the new Drivetrain..

its not a bad install, mainly involves pulling the front dash cover and radio out, the U-connect module plugs into the radio, and the MIC into the U-connect Module. I had my MIC right on my A-pillar up high and the performance was pretty good. im not sure where it is on my current JK, I havent Looked, I know its not quite as good as having it up high on the A-pillar as my new JK people have a tougher time hearing me than in my older one.
-Christopher

-Christopher
Old 12-28-2014, 11:55 PM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks!

Hey guys, thanks for the help but I've decided not to bother with it. I just bought a HN7 GPS Tablet and it has bluetooth hands free capability. Seems a bit stupid to have both.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:00 AM
JK Newbie

Sorry for being an asshole.

Quick Reply: JK Wrangler - U-Connect Module