Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Leveling Spacer

Old 09-16-2014, 01:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leveling Spacer

Hello,

I have a 2015 Wrangler 2 door and want to eliminate the stock rake. I DO NOT want to lift the Jeep. Does anyone know what size spacers I need up front to level it? I assume either 3/4 inch or 1 inch. I will not be adding any weight to the front like winches or bumpers. Also will I need an alignment after or just center the steering wheel?

Thanks in advance
Old 09-16-2014, 03:19 PM
JK Newbie

I would buy a 1" spacer. You shouldn't need a alignment or have to adjust the steering wheel.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Soloshot
Hello,

I have a 2015 Wrangler 2 door and want to eliminate the stock rake. I DO NOT want to lift the Jeep. Does anyone know what size spacers I need up front to level it? I assume either 3/4 inch or 1 inch. I will not be adding any weight to the front like winches or bumpers. Also will I need an alignment after or just center the steering wheel?

Thanks in advance
Well technically you would be lifting it. 1 inch would possibly do it. I installed a TF leveling kit with 4 dr springs. I did no alignment or wheel adjustment.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:14 PM
JK Newbie

I second the TF kit. Easy install with longer sway links and you're good to go. I had to adjust my steering wheel a little, nothing major.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by foley0416
I second the TF kit. Easy install with longer sway links and you're good to go. I had to adjust my steering wheel a little, nothing major.

Yeah but the TF kit also lifts the rear. That's not needed. All I am interested in doing is leveling the front with the rear.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Soloshot

Yeah but the TF kit also lifts the rear. That's not needed. All I am interested in doing is leveling the front with the rear.
Just look for a 1 inch spacer. Should do the trick for now.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

Default Leveling Spacer

I also wanted to eliminate the rake, I first had them install 2" spacers in front and it raked the other way slightly so they added 3/4" spacers in back and it was perfect.

Trending Topics

Old 09-17-2014, 09:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am just repeating others words. I used a 3/4" spacer in the front (only) to level my 2 door when I first got it.

If your alignment is good now, it will not need any adjustments after the spacer install. Some need just a tweak to straighten the steering wheel.

One other thing; You are not the first JK owner to say you are not doing any other modifications in the future, this forum is full of them/us.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:02 AM
-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's what we are doing and I can't say this is a leveling kit.. thou I may alter these plans as we progress through the process.. But Daystar sent us their lift kit shocks and spacers.. the kit says.. 1.75.. but the spacers measure 2'' inchs.. So I'm considering either removing all the factory spacers and using just the daystar versions.. Mind you one set of spacer are slightly more than 2'' inches (rear) while the other set of spacer is slightly less than 2'' inches (front).

Even though I've posted that I'm removing the factory spacers.. I may actually leave the front one in and simply removing the rear one.. In essence.. the rear would have the 2'' inch spacer.. while the front would have the factory .75 + the 2'' inch spacer..

At this point, I'm wondering if this would level the jeep or tilt it back more.. Something to ponder cause I actually want more of a lift in the back to make up for any added weight..
Old 09-17-2014, 01:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kaptkrappy
I am just repeating others words. I used a 3/4" spacer in the front (only) to level my 2 door when I first got it.

If your alignment is good now, it will not need any adjustments after the spacer install. Some need just a tweak to straighten the steering wheel.

One other thing; You are not the first JK owner to say you are not doing any other modifications in the future, this forum is full of them/us.

LOL true! I have had so many lifted trucks that it is so nice having a brand new Wrangler that clears 33's right out of the box! Things can change sure but I doubt it. Been there, done that. I am enjoying this Jeep and the factory ride as long as possible ;-)

Quick Reply: Leveling Spacer