Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Lights and Wipers Flash on when starting up

Old 10-27-2014, 06:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lights and Wipers Flash on when starting up

Starting last week, when I start up my 2008 JK (2dr X) in the morning, my lights will flash on, and then my wipers do one swipe. They then turn off and everything seems fine.

It has been 40F or so in the mornings, I have not noticed it in the afternoon at all. So maybe temp related.

Has anybody seen this before? The only thing I can think of is my battery is getting weak (it is OEM), cold weather makes it a bit weaker, so the voltage drops low enough to screw with the computer. Thing is I would need somebody else around to start it up while I check for voltage sag.

But if anybody else has had this issue, any info would be great.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too answer my own question, it was the battery. Voltage in the morning was 12.46V, which is on the low side. When cranking it dropped way below that. The computer does not like it when the voltage is below 12V.

New battery and now all is good.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to know, thanks for the update. I HATE these new vehicles that are voltage sensitive.

Quick Reply: Lights and Wipers Flash on when starting up