Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

a little help

Old 01-24-2015, 05:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a little help

I had the Jeep pared in my driveway or a couple days. Shoveling snow this morning, I moved it to find fluid leak under right front. Looks like power steering fluid, but I can't figure out from where. What does steering stabilizer fluid look like. Haven't had time to check it out. Anyone have issues like this. BTW I had right tire up against stop I keep to prevent hitting the wall
Old 01-25-2015, 07:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could just be power steering or if auto tranny lines just seeping a little from sitting.
Steering stabilizer oil would be darker oilly look....
Old 01-25-2015, 07:29 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Steering stabilizer fluid is just light hydraulic oil and should be clear to a light brown color. Transmission cooling lines are known to leak on the automatics and your coolant is red in color and could come from the overflow.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

When I first got mine I had some leakage in the garage and couldn't see where it came from, finally found it coming from the front diff breather - they overfilled it from the factory. Might check all your fluid levels ....
Old 01-25-2015, 07:37 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by zstairlessone
When I first got mine I had some leakage in the garage and couldn't see where it came from, finally found it coming from the front diff breather - they overfilled it from the factory. Might check all your fluid levels ....
How did they do that?
Old 01-25-2015, 07:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
How did they do that?
I'm guessing they have the axle assembly rotated to fill so they don't spill any and the auto fill machine or the dude that pulls the trigger were just a bit slow to stop.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power steering?

If I had my front wheel up against the stop could that have caused steering box leak?

Quick Reply: a little help