Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

08 jeep jk help

Old 07-03-2011, 11:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 jeep jk help

I’ve been wanting a jeep for over 35 years. Then I got out the Marine Corp. Finally I got approved through Hudson Jeep in Jersey City. NJ. With a high interest rate. And I didn’t purchase the exteneded warranty…because it came with the basic warranty (engine, Transmission, drivetrain from chrysler) And then the Jeep started giving me problems…After few months of having the Jeep…Hope that someone can help me out…Because I love my Jeep….

I have a 08 jk sahara sometime (3 times so far)when i push the button on the remote to open the doors the jeep go's crazy the ALARM ,lights,windshield wipers front and back and water comes out,4 ways lights,horns, and this happens when i push the button to open the doors.. I disconnected the battery is was still happening...and it would stop after awhile..First time it was a short it seems like last longer each time..PLEASE HELP ME..... WHAT COULD IT BE!!!! Now it happens when i am driving !!
I try the grounds, battery and everything i can think of....... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuWtZZ0bLOo

Last edited by gil1911jk; 07-03-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's the TIPM (total integrated power management). I had the exact same problem on my 08' sahara oddly enough. The part is the fuse box under the hood on the passenger side. It controls most of the electronics in the Jeep. It costs about $240 for the part but here's the BS, the dealer has to install because the new TIPM need to be programed with their star scan based on your VIN. My total was $520 for all this. Hope this helps.

Last edited by BHawks4Life; 07-03-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

One more thing like you it got worse and more frequent to the point where it happened to me while doing 70mph down the highway, not fun!!
Old 07-03-2011, 03:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BHawks4Life
One more thing like you it got worse and more frequent to the point where it happened to me while doing 70mph down the highway, not fun!!
man i bet you got some looks riding around like that. i hope that dosent ever happen to me. but if it does i want my wife in there with me
Old 07-03-2011, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tommyluv78

man i bet you got some looks riding around like that. i hope that dosent ever happen to me. but if it does i want my wife in there with me
I wasn't riding the Jeep quit on me lol. Heres a pic of the TIPM
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-720541453.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	178092  
Old 07-03-2011, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ive heard of a boosted CB causing problems when you key the mike but I doubt your running 100 plus watts. Hope you get it fixed without chasing a ghost.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:45 PM
JK Newbie

can i put the TIPM (total integrated power management). in by myself.and where can i get one at a good price the dealer want to much for it talking about 420 for it.only the part..
Old 07-04-2011, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gil1911jk
can i put the TIPM (total integrated power management). in by myself.and where can i get one at a good price the dealer want to much for it talking about 420 for it.only the part..
Way too much, moparpartsonline.com or I even saw one on eBay that was being sold by a dealer. Just make sure it new. Maybe try a different dealer or try working with them on the price. I always ask for a better price from the dealer and usually get something off.

Quick Reply: 08 jeep jk help