Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need Help ASAP 2013 JK 8K miles pressure and oil blowing out PCV soaking air filter

Old 05-28-2015, 02:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Help ASAP 2013 JK 8K miles pressure and oil blowing out PCV soaking air filter

I just finished building a wrecked jeep Rubicon for my daughter, Front right corner.

She drove 400 miles and came home, and it started to smoke out hood. Inside hood was covered in oil. Hose split going to air filter . I think that hose goes to PCV valve.

When I start engine positive pressure and valve cover smoke comes out hose. (shouldn't this be Vacuum?)

I do not know where to start.

This jeep has kicked my rear, any help would be appreciated.

SEE VIDEO BELOW

View My Video

Last edited by racepirate; 05-28-2015 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Maybe a dumb response, but make sure the oil is not overfilled. Once I had a little too much oil. It went through that tube and ended up coating a portion of the air filter with oil.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rob_engineer
Maybe a dumb response, but make sure the oil is not overfilled. Once I had a little too much oil. It went through that tube and ended up coating a portion of the air filter with oil.
Checked oil level and it is good add video
Old 05-31-2015, 11:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The crankcase vent hose split, like an under pressure failure? Was the Jeep rolled previously? Did it lay on the passenger side, allowing engine oil to drain into the vent hose and accumulate?

Disconnect the hose from the air cleaner box and let the engine idle and observe what comes out. High pressure air? Oil and air? How much oil is in the air cleaner box?
Old 06-21-2015, 03:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kmrtnsn
The crankcase vent hose split, like an under pressure failure? Was the Jeep rolled previously? Did it lay on the passenger side, allowing engine oil to drain into the vent hose and accumulate?

Disconnect the hose from the air cleaner box and let the engine idle and observe what comes out. High pressure air? Oil and air? How much oil is in the air cleaner box?
Thanks for reply I took it to dealer they said it was still under warranty. Probably a head. and they would replace

2 days later they said blow buy and because of previous accident they will not fix.

I am still baffled , A guy in Arizona who does HEMI swaps gave me a take out motor for $1K

We installed last week. Holy crap these motors are hard to remove and replace.

I sill have no answer for a motor going at 8K miles

I will tear it down when I get over the shock
Old 06-22-2015, 02:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

At first I thought you got a hemi for a thousand. I had to read it twice.

Last edited by jrod250; 06-22-2015 at 06:40 AM.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

the tear down will tell but that jeep couldve sat on its side running and had oil go up into the cylinders and bust the rings.. what you describe sounds much more like blowby than a head.. surprised it isnt running rough or issuing misfire codes? usually with that much blow-by compression is way down in the cylinder

-Christopher

Quick Reply: Need Help ASAP 2013 JK 8K miles pressure and oil blowing out PCV soaking air filter