Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

NEED HELP!!! jeep shuts off while driving

Old 12-23-2013, 03:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cad_RD
I had this problem. It turned out to be a bad grade under wire. It was a pita trying to find it. Once changed I had no more issues.
Do you mean ground wire?
Old 12-23-2013, 03:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This could be bad news, but mine did this same stuff except horn would go off doors would lick and when I would turn jeep off and take key out, everything stayed running including the engine.

Next time it freaks out open the hood and give the tipm a couple wacks and see if it starts. I searched for hours and a lot of people has similar or same issues and bout 90% of the time it turned out to be a bad tipm which from what I have found is a pretty common issue in the 07s and 08s.

Google search jk tipm issues and have fun reading.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
This could be bad news, but mine did this same stuff except horn would go off doors would lick and when I would turn jeep off and take key out, everything stayed running including the engine.

Next time it freaks out open the hood and give the tipm a couple wacks and see if it starts. I searched for hours and a lot of people has similar or same issues and bout 90% of the time it turned out to be a bad tipm which from what I have found is a pretty common issue in the 07s and 08s.

Google search jk tipm issues and have fun reading.

Alright man thanks for the info I really appreciate it.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:09 PM
JK Newbie

Default Follow up

Originally Posted by Dylan2405
Do you mean ground wire?

Did you fix the problem you had? If so, how? I have same problem.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:14 AM
JK Newbie

Sorry to hear-my problem very similar in thread Sad but True-so far the dealer has replaced my TIPM and sway bar disconnect but not fully corrected as the jeep has failed to start again since last repair. I am still under warranty as it a 2014 but I will let you know what they do this time as it is going back to dealership today.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DickytheStump
Sorry to hear-my problem very similar in thread Sad but True-so far the dealer has replaced my TIPM and sway bar disconnect but not fully corrected as the jeep has failed to start again since last repair. I am still under warranty as it a 2014 but I will let you know what they do this time as it is going back to dealership today.
Any update on this? My sway bar light just started blinking for no apparently reason. Code says it has lost communication with the sway bar. Also last weekend while offroading, the Jeep just stalled (its an automatic) for no apparent reason. Seemed fine all last week until the blinking sway bar light. Hesitant to take to the dealership, but I think that's going to have to happen.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:09 PM
JK Newbie

Dealer could not replicate. Have driven for week fine and just shut down on my wife and kids tonight pulling out of driveway.

I called my Jeep case manager and told them I was sending in Lemon Law paperwork. I am so disappointed in this outcome...
Old 09-15-2014, 03:23 PM
JK Newbie

Honest question, if I am filing Lemon Law I guess I ask for refund or new Jeep. Is anyone here happy with their Rubicon and has it been trouble free or am I just asking for a new headache?
Old 09-15-2014, 07:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DickytheStump
Honest question, if I am filing Lemon Law I guess I ask for refund or new Jeep. Is anyone here happy with their Rubicon and has it been trouble free or am I just asking for a new headache?
I've had zero issues. 2012 JKUR, auto
Old 09-19-2014, 03:26 AM
JK Newbie

An update on mine. One week after getting it back it is at the dealer again as stalled while driving and then wouldn't start for two days.

Lemon paperwork filed and waiting to hear from the dealership.

Quick Reply: NEED HELP!!! jeep shuts off while driving