Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

NEED HELP!!! jeep shuts off while driving

Old 09-19-2014, 06:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DickytheStump
An update on mine. One week after getting it back it is at the dealer again as stalled while driving and then wouldn't start for two days. Lemon paperwork filed and waiting to hear from the dealership.
good on ya! Upgrading? Trade in for the same?
Old 09-19-2014, 11:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it comes to that ya, will be looking at a'15 JKU Hard Rock.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:38 PM
JK Newbie

Dealer called and they have replaced the wireless control module now. They are keeping it to test it but did act up for dealer.. No fault codes thrown.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:22 PM
JK Newbie

The Wireless Control Module WCM) is a serious problem with vehicles of those years 2007-2009. All sort of weird issues can manifest themselves from a WCM behaving badly. Also with Electronic Sway Bar Disconnect, Some Einstein at JEEP put it on the the CAN C Bus which runs the powertrain. Unfortunately as we all know, it is exposed to the elements and is subject to more water and corrosive elements also causing a bunch of LOSS of COMMUNICATION issues with the other modules. The CAN C Bus is hi-speed two wire system which if either of those wires has an issue, it could potentially take out the NETWORK TOPOLOGY of the whole bus causing all sorts of havoc with your JEEP. What you can do for the stalling is have the Dealer put on a STARSCAN on the NETWORK TOPOLOGY screen and watch for the system to register communication faults between modules. Just a though. Hope it helps.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:26 PM
JK Freak

In 2011 I bought a 2008 that did the same thing as the original poster. It would ding once and then die and all lights on the dash lit up and would not start. I owned the Jeep for 42 days and it was at the dealership for 35 of those days. The dealership ended up buying it back from me. They never did figure out what was wrong. They replaced relays, battery, wiring harnesses, clock spring, and more and never did figure it out. It wasn't until I got Chrysler involved that the dealership bought it back.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm really curious to know how this all turned out. If they were able to fix it, or if the op went ahead and got it replaced. Don't leave us hanging!
Old 03-01-2015, 04:30 AM
JK Newbie

Well here is an update. Been running fine since October and last night bam, driving along and wipers start running and the tire pressure & sway bar lights start flashing. It didn't stall this time but ran rough as though it was missing. Nursed it home, shut it off and tried to restart. All dash lights lit up but would not crank. This morning sent an email to Jeep telling them I want it replaced.

Then I go out and damn if it didn't start right up. Exactly the same pattern as last time.....
Old 03-03-2015, 07:24 AM
JK Newbie

Just spoke with Jeep Area Manager. Ordering a replacement.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DickytheStump
Just spoke with Jeep Area Manager. Ordering a replacement.
So you won?

Rock don't care...
Old 03-03-2015, 04:12 PM
JK Newbie

Yes, Jeep man-ing up and replacing my Rubicon X with a 2015 Hard Rock.

Quick Reply: NEED HELP!!! jeep shuts off while driving