Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New BABY on the way!

Old 02-10-2016, 02:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New BABY on the way!

Bit the bullet...traded the Mustang and made a deal on a left-over 2 door Freedom Edition. All black, auto etc. Even 3.73 gears! Picking it up on Fri. Funny how things work out. I was going back and forth between a Sahara and a Willy. Found the Freedom on a lot and not in inventory. Now, its not in inventory. Has the grey charcoal 5 spokes and all terrain tires. Getting ready to order Duratracs if I can find them. Otherwise, BFs are on sale. Anyone interested in the wheels or tires or both give a holler!
By the by, this is Wrangler no. 3
Old 02-10-2016, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the little one thats one the way always an exciting time but I am soooo glad to have those days well behind me. Nothing better then the kids being self reliant............ at least for the most part, lol.
So you say your getting a two door eh, but going from a 2 door car to a 2 door Jeep what do you gain outside the fun factor of the Jeep? Not that I am talking you out of it but did you consider the 4 door at all for easy in and out and ease on the back or do you have another 4 door in the drive? With our first child we had a two door and My wife and I shortly after getting my Grand Cherokee wound up swapping cars until see got her Volvo X county a few years later but it worked out.
Well hope both the little one and the new Jeep bring many smiles for years to come and welcome to the Jeep neighbor hood.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:13 PM
JK Freak

Default Little One

Originally Posted by Its-a-JK
Congrats on the little one thats one the way always an exciting time but I am soooo glad to have those days well behind me. Nothing better then the kids being self reliant............ at least for the most part, lol.
So you say your getting a two door eh, but going from a 2 door car to a 2 door Jeep what do you gain outside the fun factor of the Jeep? Not that I am talking you out of it but did you consider the 4 door at all for easy in and out and ease on the back or do you have another 4 door in the drive? With our first child we had a two door and My wife and I shortly after getting my Grand Cherokee wound up swapping cars until see got her Volvo X county a few years later but it worked out.
Well hope both the little one and the new Jeep bring many smiles for years to come and welcome to the Jeep neighbor hood.
My wife has a 14 Cherokee Trailhawk.....4 doors!
Old 02-11-2016, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by saharaharry
My wife has a 14 Cherokee Trailhawk.....4 doors!
Really like the Trailhawk and thought about one but had to go with the Wrangler its just got such a fun factor.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:05 PM
JK Freak

Default New Baby

Really like the Trailhawk and thought about one but had to go with the Wrangler its just got such a fun factor.
How are you! Just to set things straight, the Wrangler IS the New Baby. The kids are grown and gone. So, I am allowed 2 door toys. You are right, there is no fun factor with the Cherokee, even a Trailhawk. Unless you sit behind the wheel and think you are going to make believe its a Wrangler! Anyhow, picking it up on Friday, have been having to control my thoughts of not going through with it. Already miss the Mustang! To be continued.......
Old 02-11-2016, 04:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Congrats!!

I'm Glad to hear you got the 3.73's. That means no replacing the carrier if you want to upgrade gears. I just can't believe how many Jeeps come with 3.21's now... its kinda sad.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
I'm Glad to hear you got the 3.73's. That means no replacing the carrier if you want to upgrade gears. I just can't believe how many Jeeps come with 3.21's now... its kinda sad.
Didn't know that about the 3:73 but there again most likely won't be re-gearing since I'm not going bigger than 33-35's but its a good cost saver if I do.
Lets face it 3:21's are the only way too get close to the claimed 25mpg and honestly many don't need more than that since their rig isn't going to see any more off road than a grass field they are parking on for their kids sports tournament. I've got stock wheels, six speed and 3:73's and haven't topped 20 mpg.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by saharaharry
How are you! Just to set things straight, the Wrangler IS the New Baby. The kids are grown and gone. So, I am allowed 2 door toys. You are right, there is no fun factor with the Cherokee, even a Trailhawk. Unless you sit behind the wheel and think you are going to make believe its a Wrangler! Anyhow, picking it up on Friday, have been having to control my thoughts of not going through with it. Already miss the Mustang! To be continued.......
Lol, did I ever get that wrong. Think I may have gone a bit red in the face in fact haha. Now had you titled it "New Money Pit" hahaha I may have caught on being so many put so much $$ into these Jeeps and so easy to see why. I have plans for mine but its going to be over several years for sure and more or less an expedition setup.
I got one more year till my second and last is out of the house. Down sizing time if you ask me!
Old 02-12-2016, 12:23 PM
JK Freak

Default New Arrival

Lol, did I ever get that wrong. Think I may have gone a bit red in the face in fact haha. Now had you titled it "New Money Pit" hahaha I may have caught on being so many put so much $$ into these Jeeps and so easy to see why. I have plans for mine but its going to be over several years for sure and more or less an expedition setup.
I got one more year till my second and last is out of the house. Down sizing time if you ask me!
New baby is now tucked in the garage. Mods begin on Sat. Starting mods will be some leftover take-offs from last Wrangler. Have to start shopping for tires on Sat. Will keep you informed!
Old 02-12-2016, 05:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default well

i guess

Quick Reply: New BABY on the way!