Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

New JK prices in Florida

Old 02-22-2017, 02:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts
Default New JK prices in Florida

Have a friend in Marines that just got back from a deployment. He wants to use his $$ to buy a JK. He sent me a link to a 2016 Sahara with 4K miles priced around $29,500. I told him to look at brand new and that he only needs a Sport, not a Sahara. Am I wrong? Shouldn't he expect to find a brand new Sport JK for less than $29,500? He would want power windows, automatic, with connectivity. Thanks.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While he was deployed, he should've went to the military car sales on base.

I *think* that's a decent price for a 16 depending on options.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd get a sport but I do love my leather and every electronic option known to man.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by urmyboyblue
While he was deployed, he should've went to the military car sales on base. I *think* that's a decent price for a 16 depending on options. If I had to do it all over again, I'd get a sport but I do love my leather and every electronic option known to man.
I only paid like $29K for my jku Sport in 2012. I assumed you could get a brand new JK Sport for less than that now. My son was deployed a couple times and was based at LeJuene. I don't recall any military sales other than the used cars other Marines were selling in the MCX parking lot. Regarding Sahara vs sport, also talking about a 24 yr old. I'd rather get a new sport vs a used Sahara.

Last edited by rob_engineer; 02-22-2017 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rob_engineer
I only paid like $29K for my jku Sport in 2012. I assumed you could get a brand new JK Sport for less than that now. My son was deployed a couple times and was based at LeJuene. I don't recall any military sales other than the used cars other Marines were selling in the MCX parking lot. Regarding Sahara vs sport, also talking about a 24 yr old. I'd rather get a new sport vs a used Sahara.

Usually, heck, even last year I was in Bagram and in Bahrain. Both bases had reps from Dodge, Jeep, Harley, and Ford on base. It's a slick program.

Regardless, if he's got USAA, have him try the car buying service to lock a price. That's how I got mine.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a brand new Sport S with a hard top, power windows and locks, auto tranny, and Sirius XM for just under $30k just before Christmas. It is probably my favorite vehicle I've ever owned.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo22.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	667183  
Old 02-23-2017, 04:44 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

I totally agree with buying a Sport as opposed to a Sahara, but I don't value painted fenders, painted top, and a tiny power inverter at all. I added after market WarmSeats for $160, and brand new full Katzkin leather which I snagged off a forum for $415......a fraction of the prices those upgrades cost from the dealer to my '13 Sport. Oh, and a $13 power inverter that works just fine for the few times I need it.

Quick Reply: New JK prices in Florida