Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Offroad heros soft top

Old 02-17-2013, 02:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Offroad heros soft top

So I've been toying with the idea of selling the hard too and getting a soft top. I found these fastback styles offered by Off road heros. When I do a search for them on here I keep seeing a post about them not being an up to par vendor/seller. Anybody have any info as to why or what the deal is? I like the Best Top version but was just searching fr any other alternatives.....
Old 02-17-2013, 03:46 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you driven a jeep with a soft top before?
Old 02-17-2013, 03:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Everything I've heard/read about Offroad Heros hasn't been very good. Maybe they have changed though. I have no complaints about Bestop.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:59 PM
JK Freak

Yes I've owned a jeep with a soft top...
Old 02-18-2013, 04:29 AM
JK Junkie

From what I have read the top is great as far as quality and versatility. It appears you will wait a few months to get it ,and dealing with the owner who everyone says is a dick will be a pain. However its more than likely the top I will go with when the time comes for a replacement
Old 02-18-2013, 04:30 AM
JK Freak

I keep reading the same things as well. Thanks for the input al
Old 03-01-2013, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Don't be scared. Tim might be a little weird, but he's a stand up guy. Shipped me a top with a staple hole in it (didn't notice till it was installed) and he shipped me another top panel overnight AND threw in some plastic for my 1st ORH top that had the window slashed at no cost. I've dealt with him on several occasions (as far back as Cal Tops) and I've personally never had a problem. Just don't expect to get anything you order in a week. Takes about a month to get the goods but is well worth it.

IMO, the TrekTop is garbage compared to the ORH top. The fit sucks, the mounting sucks, and the 'flappage' is horrible. I've been near banned from here before for standing up for ORH, but the guy's stuff is a cut above. If you have any questions about it, PM me. I don't want to anger the JK gods.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:09 AM
JK Junkie

DeezUU, you're free to talk about whoever and whatever products you wish now that there is new upper management with the Forum. ORH and MetalCloak and Synergy are all back for us.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:23 AM
JK Freak

Ordered my fastback top through ORH about 2-3 weeks ago. Hoping to get it in the next month or so....
Old 03-03-2013, 05:10 AM
JK Newbie

This top is amazing. I was banned for posting positive experiences with Tim. I told Tim that I had an opportunity to sell my hard top in the middle of summer in Chicago and asked him how long would it take he told me it would take three weeks for me to receive my soft top. So I sold my hard top and went naked for three straight weeks worrying constantly about all the stories I had heard loanable hold Tim calls me and he shipped it and I received it in less than three weeks. Put it on one hot afternoon, cracked a beer, lit a stogie and just stared at the awesomeness.

Quick Reply: Offroad heros soft top