Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Offroad heros soft top

Old 06-13-2015, 12:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JeepFreak2212
Is the ORH top fully removable? and easy to get up in case of rain?
Fully removable except for the front, but that rolls forward and snaps. Fully on in 5 mins max and fully off in 2 once it gets broken in and you get the hang of it. Plus it all fits in the Jeep. Much better top than my friends Best Top.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just took mine off for the first time after install (and letting sit on for a few days). It took me about 5 minutes to get all the panels off and put into my basement. I spent 20 minutes putting it on, but it should have taken me 15, but I goofed up the front bikini part and had to do that again. I'm a complete rookie with soft tops in general. This is my first one ever. I believe Mattk11's times. If you had 2 people with some experience with it, then you could beat the rain drops. I'm very happy with it. I want to make a roll for the panels to strap them on the back. I'll post pictures when I get to it.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

yep the speed of on/off for the cargo top is pretty fast. roll the front, remove the back, unhook and roll the back and done, cargo area I struggle with getting the plastic bits on and off but I did that with the oem rear as well....
I've really been happy with it. I did get some felt to throw around the plastic before rolling so I don't scratch it.
Old 06-19-2015, 11:57 AM
JK Freak

I have this top as well and it's been on the Jeep for about 8 months. The quality is awesome and the fit is great. I do wish it had the plastic door surrounds like the Bestop Trek Top as it looks nicer with the top down and doors off. Having said that, you can remove all the hardware for a cleaner look in about 15 minutes.

I like the lines that are created with this top and it truly is quieter on the highway due to reduced wind noise. I LOVE the fact that this is made custom by hand by the guy who answers the phone in Canada! No Chinese made stuff here.

I agree with everyone about how easy it is to store. The only issue I have is the rear bow fitting inside the Jeep. Mine wouldn't fit so I'm not sure how you guys managed that one. Would be interested to hear where you stored it. I'm talking about the rear bar that is inside the rear overhead panel that slides into the 2 protruding bolts on the rear roll bar.

This only costs about $200 more than the Trek Top and it's just nicer all around. I feel like it will last for years.

One of the best upgrades I've ever put on my Jeep (I replaced a perfectly functional factory soft top because I liked the fast back look and the ORH top so much).
Old 06-19-2015, 02:21 PM
JK Newbie

I store The rear portion with the bar that covers the passenger compartment under the rear seats. I take it off, roll it up and slide it under the rear seat from one side to the other. Fits perfect. I also put the rear window there too.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:53 PM
JK Newbie

goeagles88, have you tried rolling it up and using some straps to secure it to the top of the roll bar? I had this idea, but haven't tried it yet. Ideally I was going to use the rear panel and bar as the outside layer of a roll with the side panels and rear window (with felt or fleece inbetween). Then strap the whole roll across the back at the base of the roll bars like a clover patch roll.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crush12JK
goeagles88, have you tried rolling it up and using some straps to secure it to the top of the roll bar? I had this idea, but haven't tried it yet. Ideally I was going to use the rear panel and bar as the outside layer of a roll with the side panels and rear window (with felt or fleece inbetween). Then strap the whole roll across the back at the base of the roll bars like a clover patch roll.
This is what I do with the rear section. Straps off a luggage bag that have clips on both ends. Roll the top back , wrap the straps around the cage bar and top and clip the strap to itself. One on each side

GenRight.com

Quick Reply: Offroad heros soft top