Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Offroad heros soft top

Old 03-03-2013, 06:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I figure ill give him a call in about a week and see how things are. Luckily the weather is still crappy right now so not to worried but looks like that might change in the next week or so since the pollen is starting to accumulate
Old 03-06-2013, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you go with the combo top or the fastback? I am also looking at ordering one in the near future. Hopefully all the complaints of this company are a thing of the past.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:57 AM
JK Freak

I went with the fastback. The combo looks cool as hell but didn't want to drop that amount of money
Old 03-06-2013, 11:23 AM
JK Newbie

I got my cargo top a couple weeks ago.
I installed it this past weekend (when it was 40 degrees outside).
That was dumb. WAY to cold to install as the canvas is TIGHT!

But, after a few hours of blood sweat and tears, I (finally) got it installed.

It is SO nice.

I cannot wait for warm weather so I can pop it off and on. I need to make a couple of adjustments, but I am going to let it stretch for a few days, and wait until the weather gets a bit warmer.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:31 AM
JK Freak

How long did it take to get after you ordered?
Old 03-06-2013, 12:17 PM
JK Newbie

Has anyone had any issues with water leaks? and does anyone have a video of putting the top up and down? I need to know how much work it takes to put the top up/down because I can't stand up, I have long arms but I am stuck in a wheelchair. I was able to put my factory TJ soft top up/down by myself but am curious how much work it will take with my JKUR.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Nibsirb
How long did it take to get after you ordered?
2 months to the day.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ParaJeeper
Has anyone had any issues with water leaks? and does anyone have a video of putting the top up and down? I need to know how much work it takes to put the top up/down because I can't stand up, I have long arms but I am stuck in a wheelchair. I was able to put my factory TJ soft top up/down by myself but am curious how much work it will take with my JKUR.
I cannot comment on water leaks yet as I just got it on.

I won't say you can't put it on yourself, but it will be a challenge as there were points in time I needed to get up high to push the top into the center channel.

Unlike a conventional top, this is modular allowing the panels to come off individually... Thus, it doesn't just flop forward and tighten down. Hopefully this provides a bit of insight.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:11 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by biff
I cannot comment on water leaks yet as I just got it on.

I won't say you can't put it on yourself, but it will be a challenge as there were points in time I needed to get up high to push the top into the center channel.

Unlike a conventional top, this is modular allowing the panels to come off individually... Thus, it doesn't just flop forward and tighten down. Hopefully this provides a bit of insight.
Well that sucks, I am having a hard time finding a soft top that will work for me. I am not ready to drop $5k on a power top altho that would be very convenient. Thanks for the feedback tho
Old 03-08-2013, 07:26 AM
JK Newbie

Quick Reply: Offroad heros soft top