Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Ontario e test problem

Old 03-27-2015, 05:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ontario e test problem

Wondering if anyone has had an etest failure while the DTC is throwing codes U1110, and U1120 (abs and speed sensor related). I've already failed once for a bad o2 sensor, and the tech told me the abs related codes wouldn't cause a failure. I took it home, replaced the o2 sensor and called to make another appointment. I was asked if there's any lights on. I answered yes, "but they're for the abs and speed sensor". The guy on the phone told me I'd fail.
I know I need to replace a front wheel hub, but an etest should not hinge on that.
Has anyone (in Ontario) had this happen? Same shop, two very different answers
Old 03-28-2015, 05:50 AM
Former Member

I could be mistaken but unless the codes are engine or exhaust related that would cause higher emissions it's none of their business. It's not a safety inspection. They might just be trying to get your money for the repairs
Old 03-28-2015, 07:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont know your state but I do know in some states that E-test is only part of it.. and that if any Malfunction lights are lit they wont pass you.. even if it has nothing to do with the engine... in PA nad jersey it for sure is a complete inspection.. or ast I knew it was..
-Christopher
Old 03-29-2015, 03:20 AM
Former Member

Not in Ontario. It's an E-Test every 3 years and unless you are seen with an obviously unsafe vehicle on the road you don't get a complete mandatory safety test until you want to sell it.

Quick Reply: Ontario e test problem