Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

P0206 P0306 & Fuel Injector removal

Old 10-21-2014, 02:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0206 P0306 & Fuel Injector removal

Hello all...2007 JK Rubicon Unlimited 116000 miles here....

Early this morning during my normal routine leaving for work I had a little situation with my jeep. Started it up, immediately the engine light turned on, dinged, and was idling very ruff. Backed out of the garage to get a better feel of what was going on and the engine continued to shutter when I shifted into first... Then a very strong gasoline smell started coming through my vents.

Turned it off and pulled the codes (P0206 and P0306). Sixth cylinder fuel injector circuit open and misfire.

I tried clearing the codes with my superchips flashpaq, hoping for the best.... restarted... same...

Pulled #6 Spark Plug find that it is swimming in fuel. Clean it and swap it with #4

Same... time to call in sick...

Then I spent the morning researching on here and concluded my sixth injector was stuck open somehow. Wiring possibly grounding out somewhere or a bad injector hopefully...

I manage to remove everything to get to the fuel injectors. Fairly easy job.

I figure its so early no auto part stores are open quite yet so I simply swap #6 and #4 injectors and hope to see if the problem moves.

While I was in there I clean everything pretty good with throttle body cleaner... everything within reason. I even lightly sprayed the injectors and wiped them with a clean rag (not sure if that's a good idea or not).
Cleaned Throttle Body, and even squirt out the upper plenum (FILTHY!) really good.

Get everything assembled back up, start the jeep, and it smokes like a mother effer. BUT running smooth and no check engine light.

I give it a quick drive around the neighborhood, the smoke fades, and still no engine light.

My question is ... WTF?

My hopes were for a bad injector, the problem moves to #4, and I throw a P0204.... easy fix...
Nope... instead all symptoms disappear...

Before this whole episode for the past summer my jeep has been idling eeehh... just a little spudder every few seconds or so, more prominent when the AC is on. Also there was hesitation when the engine was under load, such as accelerating up a hill, especially when my rpms were between 1400 and 1800... I couldn't roll through a stop sign in 2nd gear without the engine smacking me around...

In July I changed my spark plugs, wires, coil pack, cleaned throttle body, and ran Seafoam through the fuel system. The hesitation remained..

Am I on the right track? I spent Zero Dollars today and the jeep is now running just like it use to.
Is this normal for fuel injectors?
Old 10-31-2014, 09:26 AM
JK Newbie

Hi.

Thanks for the response. I will try that tomorrow morning. While I was checking the Cyl 4 Misfire (replacing spark plug and spark plug wire) I noticed smoke coming out of the Exhaust manifold. I took off the heat shield and noticed a crack. I know this is not causing my P0201-06 & P0304 codes but wanted to point that out. I will used JB weld to fix the crack as a temporary solution before I decide to buy new headers.
Old 11-01-2014, 10:38 PM
JK Newbie

I seen those vapors too and found this thread....

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...osteel-229743/

I fixed my manifold this morning as well, and I still have not thrown any codes and engine is still running smooth after cleaning everything thoroughly.

Quick Reply: P0206 P0306 & Fuel Injector removal