Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

p0882 help transmission in limp mode

Old 11-13-2014, 05:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p0882 help transmission in limp mode

Hello, if anybody can help me figure this out, all of the sudden my jeep went into limp mode and went shift out of 2nd, has dtc p0882 anybody had this before, already checked tcm relay abd connectors all good, 2010 jeep auto, thanks.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dzrtjeep
Hello, if anybody can help me figure this out, all of the sudden my jeep went into limp mode and went shift out of 2nd, has dtc p0882 anybody had this before, already checked tcm relay abd connectors all good, 2010 jeep auto, thanks.
The code means tcm power input low.....P0882
Old 11-14-2014, 05:31 AM
JK Newbie

Any ideas on what could it be, I tried disconnecting the battery for awhile and still same problem
Old 11-14-2014, 06:59 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by dzrtjeep
Any ideas on what could it be, I tried disconnecting the battery for awhile and still same problem
Here is some info for the code you have.
To completely troubleshoot this code, the dealer scan tool is required.

A simple test at home may be to swap relays, (of the same part number), in the TIPM, and see if that makes a difference.
Below is a picture showing the relay positions, including the transmission control relay.
I think swapping the trans control relay with the rear defogger relay would be a good combination. Make sure the key is in the LOCK position, or removed, during the swap.

P0882-TCM POWER INPUT LOW

[h=4]Theory of Operation[/h]
The Transmission Control Output circuit is used to supply power to the Powertrain Control Module, Transmission Solenoid/pressure Switch Assembly and the PCM when in normal operating mode. The purpose of the Transmission Output circuit is to allow the Transmission Control System to turn off the power to the Transmission Solenoid/TRS Assembly in event that the transmission should need to be placed into limp-in mode due to a DTC.
After a PCM reset, (ignition switch turned to the run position, or after cranking the engine) the Transmission Control System verifies that the Transmission Output circuit is open by checking for voltage on the Transmission Output circuits before the Transmission Control System requests for the circuit to be powered up. The request is sent by a direct circuit control from the PCM to the TIPM. If the Transmission Control System detects less that 3.0 volts when the output is commanded on, the DTC will set. Note: Inadequate Transmission Control Output voltage can also cause DTCs P0846, P0869, or P0871 to set. Repairing the P0882 fault should also eliminate the related DTCs.

• When Monitored: When the ignition is turned from "OFF" position to "RUN" position and/or the ignition is turned from "START" position to "RUN" position.
  • Set Condition: This DTC is set when there is less than 3.0 volts present at the transmission control output circuits located in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) when the Transmission Control System request the power up of those circuits. .

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: white"]Possible Causes
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: white"]RELATED TIPM DTCS
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: white"]TRANSMISSION CONTROL CIRCUIT SHORT TO GROUND
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: white"]TRANSMISSION CONTROL CIRCUIT OPEN
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: white"]POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

The following users liked this post:
Kdelill (07-27-2020)
Old 06-27-2020, 06:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am having the same problem and my jeep keeps blowing the fuse, no matter what.
The following users liked this post:
Kdelill (07-27-2020)
Old 12-15-2020, 04:36 AM
JK Newbie

Default P0882

Hello, if anybody can help me figure this out, all of the sudden my jeep went into limp mode and will not shift out of 2nd, has dtc P0882 already replaced PCM replacing the PCM work it went out of limp mode and everything worked fine then a day and half it went back into limp mode and now I am getting code P0882 but before I replaced the PCM I was getting code P0481 after research I change out the PCM now getting P0882 and it keeps blowing fuse has anyone had this problem or a jeep experts please help.

Quick Reply: p0882 help transmission in limp mode