Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Passenger's Side Floor Wet

Old 01-08-2011, 12:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Passenger's Side Floor Wet

I first noticed this issue when it rained for more than a week straight (very weird for Southern California) a few weeks ago. On the passenger's side, under the floor mat was significantly wet. I assumed it was from my friends' wet shoes constantly going in and out, but I recently got a car wash and noticed the same thing. And the top of the floor mat is dry. It's only under the mat where it's wet. The seal around the door looks good. I have a 3 piece Freedom hardtop, and the seal on that looks good as well. Very disconcerting for being a brand new 2011 Rubicon. Just about 1500 miles. Any thoughts? Common leak problem areas?
Old 01-08-2011, 01:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

top is probably leaking down the a-pillar. it would run all the way to the floor board. Or you could be missing a drain plug but I doubt it. The drain plug hole would not let in enough water to soak the carpet
Old 01-31-2011, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like Jeter was right. Found water dripping down the a-pillar. I put a hose on the roof just behind the top right corner above the a-pillar and saw water dripping down to under the floor mat. Any products I could use to seal up this leak? Or should I just take it to the dealership?
Old 01-31-2011, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Pull the carpets and call it a day. These jeeps leak like crazy
Old 03-27-2011, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default same

I just found this today as well. Same problem, same top, only I have an '09 Sahara unlimited with 10900 miles. Also we have not had any rain, but I did wash it on Weds. Any suggestions other than pulling out the carpet, or should I also let the dealership handle it?
Old 03-27-2011, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 09orangesahara
I just found this today as well. Same problem, same top, only I have an '09 Sahara unlimited with 10900 miles. Also we have not had any rain, but I did wash it on Weds. Any suggestions other than pulling out the carpet, or should I also let the dealership handle it?
Nevermind, jumped the gun without actually looking at it. The door seal had come loose. Hopefully problem solved.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:39 PM
JK Newbie

My 2010 has the same issue as well and it can get extremely wet under the seats. My drive side is the worse. Although, I'm not so sure the pillar draining water down is my problem. I keep mine in the garage and I noticed mine when the roads were very wet and flooded in some areas, but after it had stopped raining. The plugs underneath and behind the seats were letting a lot of water in.
I live in Indiana so its not like I'm driving through hurricanes or swamp lands.
I put some RTV around the drain plugs and it hasn't happened again.

Just like someone else said...get rid of the carpet. It's pointless if you go off-roading much.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:58 PM
RLT
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Leaking Wheel arches

Got my Sahara CRD unlimited new in 2009, was a 2007 build which I guess must have stood unsold at ChryslerUK until I got it 'super cheap'

Had a couple of bad leaks. One through talegate bar fixed ok, but the other was water leaking through the rear wheel arches and running into back & front
Dealer had to take off arches and seal up holes ?
No explaination to why there were holes in there.
That was two years back and all is well.
Anyone else had this ?
Old 03-27-2011, 01:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Charlie Mike
I first noticed this issue when it rained for more than a week straight (very weird for Southern California) a few weeks ago. On the passenger's side, under the floor mat was significantly wet. I assumed it was from my friends' wet shoes constantly going in and out, but I recently got a car wash and noticed the same thing. And the top of the floor mat is dry. It's only under the mat where it's wet. The seal around the door looks good. I have a 3 piece Freedom hardtop, and the seal on that looks good as well. Very disconcerting for being a brand new 2011 Rubicon. Just about 1500 miles. Any thoughts? Common leak problem areas?
I have the same problem. So I too out my carpet so it didn't get moldy
Old 05-09-2011, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Noticed this a few weeks ago too (wet passenger side front floor board).

No sign of water on the outside of the A-Pillar (trim cover) so I'll have to check it out closer sometime without the cover. Same situation - wet floor carpet, dry floor mat.

Gonna check the door seals and I'll be putting the hard top away for the summer soon so maybe I'll have better luck wit the soft top. Of course it could be door seals.

I wonder how many people have this issue on the 2011's. I was under the impression that some changes to the tops should have resolved these issues for 2011.

Quick Reply: Passenger's Side Floor Wet