Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Power window switch sticking

Old 10-08-2013, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power window switch sticking

I went on a couple of back to back wheeling trips while doorless and topless. The roads going into the trails are hellishly dusty and my 2009 JKU interior was really hammered after these trips. It was so bad that I didn't even feel like cleaning it myself so I had my local cleanup shop take on the task. They did a great job, but after I got it back the power window switches seem to be sticky. Not when they are lowering the window, but both front switches have a definite 'click' in them when I try to raise the windows. If I press upwards like normal, they won't go up. I have to give the switch a little extra press, and I'll feel a 'click' and the window will roll up.

Before I dig into the dash and switch panel I thought that I'd check here to see if anyone else had the same experience with a possible dirty (or dust filled) switch, or had any ideas on what to try to get it back.

Thanks,
Mark.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:42 AM
JK Newbie

I'm having the same problem. I believe when I had the interior detailed they got the ArmorAll into the inside of the switch mechanisms which is now causing problems with 3 out of 4 of the switches.

I got the connector off the switch module but how do you get the whole module to release from where it is mounted?
Old 07-21-2014, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone know the part number for the switch panel. I can't find online. Thanks

Quick Reply: Power window switch sticking