Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Rear end noise. Please help!

Old 07-30-2014, 11:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rozzman10
Like pulling it up, and sometimes it goes POP!...? I get that at random times too.
That'd be it

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 07-30-2014, 12:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pull the back and have a look. I bet it's coming from there.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:26 PM
JK Freak

My CV boot is torn in my rear DS. I figured it was from that.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:37 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by rozzman10
My CV boot is torn in my rear DS. I figured it was from that.
There are rebuild kits now for that Rzeppa joint (assume you have OEM shaft)--Quadratec offers them. But you may want to go aftermarket. If so, study up on U-joint CV versus Rzeppa joints, pinion angle, and what other mods you might need (depending on lift height, adjustable control arms, move rear axle spring perches, possibly aftermarket diffy cover).
Old 07-31-2014, 06:53 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
There are rebuild kits now for that Rzeppa joint (assume you have OEM shaft)--Quadratec offers them. But you may want to go aftermarket. If so, study up on U-joint CV versus Rzeppa joints, pinion angle, and what other mods you might need (depending on lift height, adjustable control arms, move rear axle spring perches, possibly aftermarket diffy cover).
I have looked at all that, but aftermarket shafts seem like they are a lot of work because you have to roll the pinion angle up to be parralel with a double cardan shaft. Then you have spring perch issues, and trackbar rubbing issues, and need ACAs for all of that. Think I will just rebuild joint and ride it out until it starts giving me real trouble. Never endinnnnnggg!!! Haha

Quick Reply: Rear end noise. Please help!