Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Rear locker light keeps flashing

Old 08-27-2016, 04:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear locker light keeps flashing

M in 2high and I have my lockers off. But when I'm driving down the road my rear locker light flashes as though the rear locker is trying to activate
Old 08-27-2016, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Are you sure the rear unlocked? If not, you can jack the rear up and spin one tire... if the other spins the same direction then your diff is still locked. If the other tire spins the opposite direction then it's unlocked.

If its still locked, some folks have luck just taking the pressure off the diff (Like jacking it up) and it unlocks.

If it's unlocked and you have the flashing light, then you may need to unhook the battery for a few minutes and see if it resets?
Old 08-29-2016, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

My locker lights flashed for a while. Turned out to be a wire loom by the edisco that got pinched and started wearing through wires.

Quick Reply: Rear locker light keeps flashing