Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Rear Wiper Replacement

Old 09-22-2011, 01:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Jk rear wiper blade replacement

I know this is an old thread but it had me scratching my head for a minute and nothing definitive came up in any searches while on my phone at the auto parts store, so I will summarize here. (I'll probably forget next time and have to look it up on here
Next time). Hi five future me.

To remove the blade, lift the arm away from the jeep and push the wiper towards the jeep with my thumbs. It pops right off.

I used a rain-x 13" blade. I just popped the plasic adapter that It comes with off and that leaves a pivot pin that is the same exact size as the Mopar unit. pop the rain-x in the wiper arm and it is Done.

Easy cheezy.

Last edited by idleHour; 09-22-2011 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 09-23-2011, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

On the subject of finding non-Jeep replacements, the dealer quoted me over 60$ to get a new arm + blade, a crazy amount.
Looking carefully at the "plastic" arm once out of the Jeep, I started to notice it is pretty much "standard" across other brands and vehicles. I used for a while a "free" replacement from a Peugeot (all our company cars are Peugeots) 308SW, around 1/2-3/4in smaller than the original size. Then I ended up with a Peugeot 807, which is a tad bigger and found my ideal size, at a fraction of the cost.
My partner's Nissan Micra has the same clip-on arm/blade arrangement, my friend mom's Opel Corsa as well, and they also fit no probs (a bit smaller, again).

I know these models are not handy in the US, but next time you are in a parking lot take a good look at the rear wipers of the cars there and I am sure there will be one that fits right away and costs less to buy ....
Old 10-15-2011, 05:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by idleHour

To remove the blade, lift the arm away from the jeep and push the wiper towards the jeep with my thumbs. It pops right off.

I used a rain-x 13" blade. I just popped the plasic adapter that It comes with off and that leaves a pivot pin that is the same exact size as the Mopar unit. pop the rain-x in the wiper arm and it is Done.

Easy cheezy.
ANCO 13" worked for me as stated as stated above. Easily done once you know how. Thanks!
Old 10-15-2011, 07:27 AM
JK Freak

I have yet to find a 13" wiper blade, but I will take your advice when I do.
Thanks,
Mark S.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Macman1138
I have yet to find a 13" wiper blade, but I will take your advice when I do.
Thanks,
Mark S.
You have to go to a very rare, exclusive place called Wal-Mart to find them.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:01 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 58K
This is the first time I’ve posted to a forum, and am doing so since I haven’t been able to find a straight answer anyplace to the question of removing the rear wiper blade. After standing on top of a 5 gallon bucket and looking closely down on top of the wiper arm assembly, it’s pretty simple. Matter of fact, the blade attaches and removes virtually identically to the way Toyota does the rear wiper on their SUV’s. The blade simply snaps in and out by means of an open-ended plastic clamp on the wiper arm itself onto the pin set in the center of the blade assembly.

To remove the blade, move the entire arm away from the glass. Then from the top, put your left index finger between the blade assembly and the wiper arm, just left of the pin. Push gently on the right side, toward the glass and the blade will pop off. To install the new blade, center the pin over the open end of the clamp, push gently and snap it back in. Please note, I’ve used the term “gently” more than once. Seems the design engineers are using an awful lot of plastic these days.

It is, by the way, a 13” blade in the back (15” on the front) at least on my ’09. Anything larger will not fit due to the way they’ve designed the plastic shrouding on the arm assembly.
Thanks, good job!
Old 10-15-2011, 12:11 PM
JK Freak

I ordered a PIAA rear wiper blade from quadratec! No problems...
Old 10-15-2011, 12:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08JKRHD
I ordered a PIAA rear wiper blade from quadratec! No problems...
You paid $18 plus shipping for a wiper blade for your REAR window? You could have bought five 13" Anco blades for that, a stockpile that would have lasted as long as you keep the Jeep.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:15 PM
JK Freak

I have them all around. Great wipers way better than a cheap bug smearer....
Old 10-15-2011, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08JKRHD
I have them all around. Great wipers way better than a cheap bug smearer....
That's great info, thanks. PIAA blades don't smear bugs -- wow!! And of course, you have a lot of bugs flying into your rear window. The rear window is a grit magnet that will ruin any blade quickly. But I shouldn't rain on your parade. It's your money.

Quick Reply: Rear Wiper Replacement