Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Rear Wiper Replacement

Old 05-11-2013, 05:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dj9281
Has anyone answered this to help this guy and others? I've been unable to remove any portion of the blade under the arm. I have found an entire arm kit online for about $48 bucks and that's probably the route I'm going to take unless someone can help here. Unacceptable design flaw (probably intentional to make money) for the Wrangler.
There are links to detailed photos and a video in posts 19 and 46, respectively.
Short of actually dropping by and replacing the wiper for them, that's about all the help possible on a forum.

Maybe hit it with a little WD-40 if it's that hard to pop out.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a replacement wiper at Auto Zone today and their computer told them that the replacement should be a Trico Exact Fit 12E, while it was slightly smaller than the stock one it snapped on fine. I am pretty sure a 14E would work too, since someone previous mentioned it. As far as getting the old blade off, I found it easy, pull back the blade away from the window as much as possible, not too much, and then pull & squeeze and off it came.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought a Windex brand rear 13" vbade assembly with 3 adapters and none of them worked.
I had a time figuring out how it comes off. Mine was apparently just stuck. I shot a little wd-40 and forced it. It came off.
Ya so.. Dont buy the windex brand.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rccrwlr
Wanted to chime in on this as we just bought a 2008 JKUR and the back wiper was coming apart. When i went to remove the wiper assembly to replace the blade (bought from the dealer for $19) the wiper broke. Returned the refill and talked to the dealer about a replacement. You cannot just replace the wiper, you have to replace the whole arm $62!! There had to be a better solution. I went to O'Reilly auto parts and they didn't even show a replacement for the rear in the computer system. We discussed what the issue was and they carry a Trico ExactFit (rear blade) factory replacement for different vehicles. There are 3 versions 14-a, 14-b and 14-d. The different part numbers are different connection types. $10.49 each!. I bought all 3 versions. after looking at the wiper arm and the connection the 14-D fit perfect! The orig was a 13" but the 14 fits without issues. I had to share!
I bought the 14-D Trico ExactFit as suggested. It worked except that the wiper tip drug across the plastic frame of the window at the bottom of it's stroke. I used a flat file and took about 1/16" off of the tip edge of the wiper. ( the part that keeps the blade from sliding out) Now it works fine. It covers pretty much all of the window and clears the frame.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Diggs
I know this is an old thread, but in case someone new happens across it in the quest for the proper way to replace a rear wiper, the full instructions with pictures is at:
http://diggsc.typepad.com/tomorrowan...d-pivot-p.html
Thanks! I would never have been able to do the rear blade without this. Thank you.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Huklbery
As embarrassing as it is to admit this, I can't figure out how to replace the rear wiper. I've tried removing the nut that secures the wiper arm to the shaft, but the arm won't slide off the shaft, and I'm afraid to force it. The next question is, what actually gets replaced? A new blade? Just a refill? The arm doesn't move far enough off the glass to permit much investigation, but I'd prefer to replace the blade so as not to be restricted to having to use Mopar refills. Has anybody actually done this?
Just replaced my rear wiper in 2015 jk. I bought the wiper at pep boys and it's an oem factory replacement which is nice. Made by Champion. Part #CH-12E-R. The easiest way to pop the wiper blade off
Pull the wiper towards you away from the glass
Hold the wiper blade with right hand.. the part that's not under the arm
Hold the wiper arm with left hand so your fingers are between the arm and left side of blade
Now push the blade with right hand towards the glass
The left side will pivot against your fingers and pop out the wiper from its clasp
I promise it won't hurt your fingers.. it pops out quite easily
Pop the new one in by pressing it into the clasp. That simple
I hope this helps anyone struggling to replace it

Quick Reply: Rear Wiper Replacement