Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Remote Start - Window Control

Old 07-21-2014, 06:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Start - Window Control

Hi Folks!

Proud 1 month owner of a JKU '14. I've had a '94 ZJ for 14 years (since 1998 - still in the garage doing great) and finally got the Wralnger I've always wanted. So pumped!

Random question: With the remote start option and power windows, is there a way that they can remotely roll down? Owner's manual indicates no instructions as to a way to do so.

Thanks in advance... See y'all out there

-T
Old 07-21-2014, 06:49 PM
JK Newbie

I haven't got around to reading the manual but was wondering the same thing. I was holding down the unlock button that used to work on my old car but it didn't seem to roll down the windows. I guess I will just have to leave the AC on so when it starts it cools!
Old 07-21-2014, 09:19 PM
JK Freak

as far as i know the only way is to leave the ac on, or your windows down a bit, i put some rugged ridge window shades on my 14 jkur so i can leave my windows cracked without sitting in a puddle if it rains
Old 07-22-2014, 07:51 PM
JK Newbie

My JKUS is near a month old now too Remote window roll down is about the only thing I miss about my old car. Thinking an aftermarket alarm might be required to get the same function on the Wrangler? It's one of the best features in a hot climate. Avoiding the vent shades for now although it's cool the locks disable after 17 seconds of lock up.

Quick Reply: Remote Start - Window Control