Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Removing rear cup holder in JKU

Old 07-22-2014, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing rear cup holder in JKU

My rear cup holder is pretty beat up, dogs, shoes and what ever is rolling back there.
Wanted to take it out, shoot it with some Krylon plastic, is there a trick to getting it out? removed the screws on the side, but it did not seem to budge, do I just need to exert a little more pressure? are they some type of retaining clips?
Thanks.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by btadlock
My rear cup holder is pretty beat up, dogs, shoes and what ever is rolling back there.
Wanted to take it out, shoot it with some Krylon plastic, is there a trick to getting it out? removed the screws on the side, but it did not seem to budge, do I just need to exert a little more pressure? are they some type of retaining clips?
Thanks.
If it's like a 2 door then they are part of the center console. Not too hard to remove the center console.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have you tried just hitting it with some armor all? or is it beat up so bad that its scuffed and scratched and needs the paint?

Quick Reply: Removing rear cup holder in JKU