Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Replacement catalytic converters

Old 01-17-2017, 02:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement catalytic converters

Has anybody used the aftermarket replacement converters, such as the ones from EP Supply or AP Exhaust? I may be faced with replacing mine but hate to shell out the huge expense for the OEM unit, it these other units work fine and can be bought for $400-500. How well do they fit, and does the computer seem happy with the non-oem converter?
Old 01-14-2021, 04:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Same question here...any input much appreciated.
Old 01-15-2021, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Can't vouch for any after market cat converts, but I would run the VIN/Recall on your vehicle. One of our older jeeps did have a recall on the cat converts so the install was under warranty.
Old 01-15-2021, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

Received 467 Likes on 419 Posts

I run the compact Dynomax converters on my Chev. they are the ones that run down straight from the exhaust manifold exit angle with a straight on connection then they angle the exit to parallel the floor pan after that. They tuck up nicely under there and good floor clearance for the summer heating effect. Not sure if you buy other than stock if you want to change things around but mine was custom due to the V8 install. Now I read that some of these Cats are not exactly legal in some USA jurisdictions but at least a border guy can look under it and see the Cats.
If you want a picture then please respond here.
Old 01-15-2021, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

Received 356 Likes on 332 Posts

This site might provide the answer about Legality.. as for Good, name brand exhaust companies probably are good, check for any limited warranty,
https://www.walkerexhaust.com/suppor...ter-guide.html

Quick Reply: Replacement catalytic converters