Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Right Hand drive owners!

Old 06-23-2015, 02:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one in CA... 08 RHD AT. I'll post pics tomorrow
Old 06-23-2015, 07:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by thisguyuknow

My intentions are to build it to resemble a factory rubicon eventually over time as I find the parts because rhd rubicons weren't produced for U.S. Sale.
We have 3 mail lady's cruising right hand drive 4 doors around our small town. One appears to be a rubicon... it has the hood stickers, tires and wheels anyway. I will have to stop her and see if it really is a rubi or not.

Just thinking about trying to shift a 6 speed right hand drive has my mind boggled LOL. Is the clutch/brake/gas pedals in the same orientation as left hand drive or no? That would be goofy as hell!
Old 06-23-2015, 09:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by olyelr
We have 3 mail lady's cruising right hand drive 4 doors around our small town. One appears to be a rubicon... it has the hood stickers, tires and wheels anyway. I will have to stop her and see if it really is a rubi or not.

Just thinking about trying to shift a 6 speed right hand drive has my mind boggled LOL. Is the clutch/brake/gas pedals in the same orientation as left hand drive or no? That would be goofy as hell!
Yes the pedals are the same orientation.

If she has a right hand drive rubicon here in the states, it either was imported or built after the fact. As far as I've seen you could only offer them from jeep with a sport edition. But I could be wrong.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

My wife has a left hand drive lku sport. Well a few years ago she had a crash and bent the front diff and control arms. When the body shop went to order parts he said he would order a rubi front for $300 more than stock dana 30. So I said sure.
Well the the diff that came in was a dana 44 with 4:10 gears and locker. All the brackets for track bar were on the wrong side. It was ordered from a jeep dealer in Virginia.
He sent it back and did get the left hand drive. I had some picts of it then but not sure if I can find them now. I might have even posted them here.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here you go.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-962410564.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	616117  
Old 06-27-2015, 05:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

One more.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-417976903.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	230.0 KB
ID:	616118  
Old 06-27-2015, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matth
My wife has a left hand drive lku sport. Well a few years ago she had a crash and bent the front diff and control arms. When the body shop went to order parts he said he would order a rubi front for $300 more than stock dana 30. So I said sure.
Well the the diff that came in was a dana 44 with 4:10 gears and locker. All the brackets for track bar were on the wrong side. It was ordered from a jeep dealer in Virginia.
He sent it back and did get the left hand drive. I had some picts of it then but not sure if I can find them now. I might have even posted them here.
Yeah it's not a direct drop in. But he could have used the Rubicon 44. I haven't taken super exact measurements but you have to change out the knuckles for the steering components and cut and reweld the track bar mount location.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:49 PM
JK Freak

So the Rubi 44 from a LHD will not directly bolt up to a RHD?
Old 06-28-2015, 05:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

No. The diff has the mounts for the track bar on the wrong side. The sterling stabilizer bracket are on opp side also.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matth
No. The diff has the mounts for the track bar on the wrong side. The sterling stabilizer bracket are on opp side also.
Which is not a show stopper for anyone with a good welder

Quick Reply: Right Hand drive owners!