Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Rubicon shocks and springs

Old 04-18-2014, 07:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon shocks and springs

Sorry I'm a newbie so I'm thinking about buying shocks and springs from a 2 door jeep jk rubicon I was wondering if these shocks would be good. For my 4 door jeep wrangler jk ?
Old 04-18-2014, 07:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default check your spring numbers ending numbers on tags attached to springs

front and rear report back with them they would end in something like 16s or 18s up front and rears would be like 56 or 58s ac post what you have most likely it wont do your jeep any better the shocks might but
those are not a lot of money anyway
Old 04-18-2014, 08:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Actually the front springs you have are better than the 2 door rubicon mine had 13's on and I got springs from a JKU that was 17's so that it would make up for the added weight from winch and bumper
Old 04-18-2014, 09:46 PM
JK Newbie

It's pretty much all stock I'm planning to get a teraflex 2.5 budget boost but use the rubicon shocks instead of the teraflex shocks I just don't have the money for those
Old 04-19-2014, 06:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 213jeep
It's pretty much all stock I'm planning to get a teraflex 2.5 budget boost but use the rubicon shocks instead of the teraflex shocks I just don't have the money for those
I run the same setup. If you have a sport, the rubicon shocks are a worthy upgrade. If you have a Sahara, the shocks are very similar and upgrading is unnecessary. Ask me how I know... I have a Sahara. I bought the Rubi shocks to replace my Sahara shocks and noticed no difference. They also look exactly the same aside from the color and the Rubi shocks are about .25" longer in the rear. Now I run those and the teraflex budget boost with my stock suspension and have been very happy.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

the 2 door springs will be no good on your 4 door, you can use the rubi shocks or order a set of Monroe reflex monotubes and have a real nice upgrade.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:15 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys !

Trending Topics

Old 04-19-2014, 01:34 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 213jeep
Sorry I'm a newbie so I'm thinking about buying shocks and springs from a 2 door jeep jk rubicon I was wondering if these shocks would be good. For my 4 door jeep wrangler jk ?
Only if you're building a low rider.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Ncb
Only if you're building a low rider.
yeah, for sure. (music playing in my head). I was thinking about getting my wife a sahara and installing the pro kit on it with some nice 20s sort of like a street jeep. I have mine built for off road excursions. I would use hers for crusing around town etc.

Kahn design makes a sweet setup for someone who wants upscale JK. they also do defenders etc.

http://www.lincah.com/wp-content/upl...ront-Angle.jpg

I could not find a photo that would link. but I would love one for the wife. almost like a poor mans G wagen amg. ha ha

Quick Reply: Rubicon shocks and springs