Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Sayin Good-bye

Old 08-20-2014, 06:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sayin Good-bye

After having many Wranglers over the years, it's time to say good-bye and move on. It's been fun. But it also gets to a point when one gets fed
up living with and having to pay for a vehicle that keeps having issues. I know what you're going to say because I have already heard it. But to have to
pay for a vehicle with issues that will never go away is upsetting. So, I wish all of you well, and bid you so long.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:58 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Sorry to read this. No one should have to put up with a vehicle that can't be properly fixed. Hope your next one works out better for you!
Old 08-20-2014, 07:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Never heard of anything mechanical that doesn't require maintenance from time to time.

Good luck with the new vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while wrenching on my Jeep.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take care!!! All the best in the future!!! Atleast you gave it a go with several wranglers and didn't give up on the first one(like so many do). Hope you enjoy your new ride
Old 08-20-2014, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	imagesCAOJFGC7.jpg
Views:	547
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	572200
Old 08-21-2014, 06:04 AM
JK Freak

Default Good bye

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
Take care!!! All the best in the future!!! Atleast you gave it a go with several wranglers and didn't give up on the first one(like so many do). Hope you enjoy your new ride
Thanx for the nice send off!
Old 08-21-2014, 06:11 AM
JK Freak

Default Good bye

Thanx, all of you for the nice send off! You may be right, I will probably be back. It has happened before. I have been doing Wranglers
since 97. The JKs though, had a number of them. More issues than I could count. Kept trying them, but kept having issues. The part
that made it worse is I'm in the auto business. Don't want or have the time to spend in a Jeep dealership dealing with MORONS in my small spare
time. Some peace and quiet for now with my new 5.0 Mustang. But who knows? Once again, thanx for the nice send off! Harry.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default your not alone in your feeling that way

Quality control is just pitiful for a vehicle of this costs! Trucks seem to do much better in reliability . What good is a trail rated vehicle if you cant even drive it on road with out issues
Old 08-21-2014, 09:51 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You boys apparently never owned a Land Rover. $13,000 in repairs under the warranty and another $9,000 out of picket before I gave up and sold it. My dodge Ram, about $11,000 in repairs total. My 2012, since new, only oil changes and gas. Well, plus my lift, wheels, mods, etc. No issues, more than pleased!

But, I get it. Find something that works for you and you're pleased with!
Old 08-22-2014, 02:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by saharaharry
After having many Wranglers over the years, it's time to say good-bye and move on. It's been fun. But it also gets to a point when one gets fed
up living with and having to pay for a vehicle that keeps having issues. I know what you're going to say because I have already heard it. But to have to
pay for a vehicle with issues that will never go away is upsetting. So, I wish all of you well, and bid you so long.

don't let the door hit you in the ass.

jk. good luck with your new car

Quick Reply: Sayin Good-bye