Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Seat Covers? What brand and type are the best?

Old 06-18-2015, 04:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good for Leather?

How do leather seats hold up under the Trek Armor? I want something waterproof and tough like the Trek Armor, but also want good ventilation and low abrasion to protect the leather. Any insight would help. Thanks.
Old 06-28-2015, 06:36 PM
JK Newbie

Default Best Seat Covers

I have recently installed a set of BARTACT seat covers in the 2014 JKUR. We had researched, and decided that TrekArmor was the way to go! Upon calling them they explained that BARTACT is their new brand, so that is what we went with. The folks there are excellent, very helpful and can explain the differences from TrekArmor to BARTACT. Mitch & Company are great to deal with and will take care of your order. The quality of the product is outstanding! The fit is spot on. There are videos worth watching to aid with the install process, these will reveal a few tricks to simplify the install and smooth that process out. Custom colors and stitching are available also. These covers look & feel as though they are a factory fit. So far they have seen a little rain and repelled it. Will definitely look to buy here again!
Old 07-04-2015, 02:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by midlifechillin
I have recently installed a set of BARTACT seat covers in the 2014 JKUR. We had researched, and decided that TrekArmor was the way to go! Upon calling them they explained that BARTACT is their new brand, so that is what we went with. The folks there are excellent, very helpful and can explain the differences from TrekArmor to BARTACT. Mitch & Company are great to deal with and will take care of your order. The quality of the product is outstanding! The fit is spot on. There are videos worth watching to aid with the install process, these will reveal a few tricks to simplify the install and smooth that process out. Custom colors and stitching are available also. These covers look & feel as though they are a factory fit. So far they have seen a little rain and repelled it. Will definitely look to buy here again!
Would these be ok to use with the airbags as well?
Old 07-04-2015, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MontaukRubi
Would these be ok to use with the airbags as well?
Doesn't look like they would... this is from their website:

Do you offer seat covers for seats with internal air bags?
At this time, we aren't making the seat covers compatible for seats with internal airbags. There is no guarantee that there is enough pressure for the air bag to deploy and have enough power to go through the stitching on the actual seat, and then also get through a flap of some sort on our seat covers. It just creates a lot of liability, and we don't want to cause any issues in case of an accident. Trust me, we would love to do this, but without a lot of testing like we do for our other military seats, it is something that can take a lot of time to insure everything is done perfectly. I know some other manufacturers offer seat covers for those seats with internal air bags, but if you end up going that route, please make sure they have done testing (and ask for the written results) to make sure the air bags will still deploy without any issues.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by higgins14
Doesn't look like they would... this is from their website: Do you offer seat covers for seats with internal air bags? At this time, we aren't making the seat covers compatible for seats with internal airbags. There is no guarantee that there is enough pressure for the air bag to deploy and have enough power to go through the stitching on the actual seat, and then also get through a flap of some sort on our seat covers. It just creates a lot of liability, and we don't want to cause any issues in case of an accident. Trust me, we would love to do this, but without a lot of testing like we do for our other military seats, it is something that can take a lot of time to insure everything is done perfectly. I know some other manufacturers offer seat covers for those seats with internal air bags, but if you end up going that route, please make sure they have done testing (and ask for the written results) to make sure the air bags will still deploy without any issues.
They are now making airbag compatible seat covers for the older model JK's. I just got a set for my 2007.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:09 AM
JK Newbie

Anybody have experience with the Carhartt covers?
Old 07-21-2015, 03:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

To me there's no such thing as "best" cover. Just get what you really like and fits your needs.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:21 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bigblue506

Saw the wet okole on quadratec. They look good but not much different from the coverking neoprene that's half the price. What's the difference?
I had wet okole on my last truck. Awesome and never wore out. Coverking on jeep cause of price. Let's just say the straps under the seat. Half broke, The covers r dirt stained, the neoprene has been ripping(strange enough its ripped on passenger side where someone is only in it 15% of time ) spend the money and get wet okole ( Hawaiian for wet bottom lol)
Old 07-25-2015, 12:42 PM
JK Newbie

Trek armor, great fit, will buy again if I need to!
Old 07-25-2015, 02:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had coverkings twice before, and neither set held up for very long (stitching and straps didn't last).

I ordered trek armors about a month ago for the new jeep... hope they're worth the wait! I am generally a fairly impatient person, but have no problems waiting when its worth it and expectations were set correctly. I was told 2-3 weeks when I ordered them, now 4 weeks later, and I've been told another 2

I'm sure they're still worth the wait, but am just getting a tad annoyed. Didn't even order anything custom, just the standard black and blue front/rear set.

Quick Reply: Seat Covers? What brand and type are the best?