Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Simple Mods

Old 09-22-2014, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simple Mods

Hey guys what's up,

I know there is a thread about free or cheap mods and all but I'm just looking for just simple mods. I have a brand new 2014 blue Polar unlimited and am looking to add to it. The lift rims and tires won't come til probably next summer to save some money. And don't care about bumpers yet besides besides maybe front bumper because you can add accessories to it. So seeing what your guys suggestions are to doing little mods to the jeep.

Thinking about pillar lights and maybe 50 inch
Snorkel
Hi lift and mount
Headlights
Rocker guards

Anything you guys can think of please let me know.

I am huge into Snowboarding and personally I bought the polar cause I live for the snow and am looking to make it a snow and snowboard kind of jeep. Even if that means buying element ramps and axes and shovels just to make it look like it will be made for the snow haha

So like I said let me know what kind of simple mods you guys can think of like cosmetic stuff to make the jeep look cool to make it stand out before adding the lift and all. Money is obviously am issue but just shoot ideas out.

Thanks guys

Here's a picture of my stock jeep
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1633077309.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	576833   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3743597639.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	576834  
Old 09-22-2014, 06:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I started with some 1.5" wheel spacers. Installed the spiderweb shade (everyone loves that when the tops off and we're going slow or parked on the beach).

Gonna change out to a Corsa dual exhaust, get a TrailDash and for now just upsize to a nice looking 33" on the stock wheels and maybe chop the front bumper.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140922_222023.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	576847
Old 09-22-2014, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'd extend your breather lines. Drill the bottom of the mirrors. Grill inserts with gutter guards. Depending what you use the jeep for, trunk cargo rack. Get her muddy.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:09 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

You have read through the thread on free and cheap mods, but you don't have a lot of money so needed your own thread on free and cheap mods.

How about this to get you to your favorite winter-time destinations...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...heir-jk-72636/

I think these things would be a blast.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
You have read through the thread on free and cheap mods, but you don't have a lot of money so needed your own thread on free and cheap mods. How about this to get you to your favorite winter-time destinations... https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...heir-jk-72636/ I think these things would be a blast.
Haha I didn't mean it like that, I liked the ideas there but wanted other ideas here that are above the "cheap/free" mods. Yea I said I didn't have money but wanted the ideas for when I can do it. I am all for waiting to make sure I get the best quality if needed. That's why I listed some ideas and then see what other people had for other simple cosmetic mods
Old 09-22-2014, 08:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
You have read through the thread on free and cheap mods, but you don't have a lot of money so needed your own thread on free and cheap mods. How about this to get you to your favorite winter-time destinations... https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...heir-jk-72636/ I think these things would be a blast.
O and yea I don't live In Alaska for those haha but thanks for the idea haha
Old 09-23-2014, 01:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

One of the people I know here in town has mattrax on his JK. Its awesome. You need lockers tho as they pull and engage open diffs when they get in deep snow.

For cheap mods, I would get a teraflex leveling kit, some wheel spacers, 33" tires (not cheap but looks so much better, and work better), Upgraded shocks.

Keep your hard top on and mount a roof rack for your boards, Extra lighting is great, But I am not a fan of light bars. If I were you, If your not swaping bumpers, I would go with a maximus 5 front light mount with bar to make it look nice and mount some good lights. Truck lites for headlights is an awesome upgrade too. ( I am off the cheap now).

I built my Jeep on a budget. Made it how I need it. It works perfectly for me and they type of off roading/on roading I do.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a hard top for the jeep and only run it In the winter but not sure if I want to put a rack on it or not. Was hoping for something off the rear bumper one that holds tools and some how a snow board or two.

Any ideas?
Old 09-23-2014, 04:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by groth797
Haha I didn't mean it like that, I liked the ideas there but wanted other ideas here that are above the "cheap/free" mods. Yea I said I didn't have money but wanted the ideas for when I can do it. I am all for waiting to make sure I get the best quality if needed. That's why I listed some ideas and then see what other people had for other simple cosmetic mods
Well if you(or others) come up with any then by all means post them up! I'll add them to the consolidated list. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...ontier-309589/ There are a bunch of cosmetic mods on there as well.

Personally I'd suggest picking up a set of grabars, about 100 bucks but love those things. Makes getting in and out a whole lot easier. Spidertrax wheel spacers are also on the low end and will give you a wider stance.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vladimer
Well if you(or others) come up with any then by all means post them up! I'll add them to the consolidated list. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...ontier-309589/ There are a bunch of cosmetic mods on there as well. Personally I'd suggest picking up a set of grabars, about 100 bucks but love those things. Makes getting in and out a whole lot easier. Spidertrax wheel spacers are also on the low end and will give you a wider stance.
Thanks for the idea but already made custom grab handles for the jeep haha
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2035936759.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	577011  

Quick Reply: Simple Mods