Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Smittybilt Bowless Combo Top Opinions

Old 01-02-2015, 05:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smittybilt Bowless Combo Top Opinions

Hey everyone! I have to get a new soft top and cant break the bank on it so I am looking at the Smittybilt Bowless Combo Top with the storage compartments. Any thoughts on it? Does anyone have it? I believe I will have to buy a windshield header as well, unless I can use the one thats on my soft top right now. Any opinions / advice is greatly appreciated! Oh and I have a 2012 Wrangler Sport.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	10513276_10152564371363784_2793177229399524744_n.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	590112  
Old 01-02-2015, 06:33 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by spartan4life79
Hey everyone! I have to get a new soft top and cant break the bank on it so I am looking at the Smittybilt Bowless Combo Top with the storage compartments. Any thoughts on it? Does anyone have it? I believe I will have to buy a windshield header as well, unless I can use the one thats on my soft top right now. Any opinions / advice is greatly appreciated! Oh and I have a 2012 Wrangler Sport.
Wow, 2012 and you need a new soft top already? Have you looked at Craigslist? There are people selling factory soft tops all the time cheaper than new. Also, I don't know that I would choose Smittybilt for a soft top, many of their products have fitment issues.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Reviews

Anyone actually have any reviews?
Old 05-06-2015, 01:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by spartan4life79
@ spartan4life
Did you end up getting this top? Curious to hear how you like it.
Old 05-11-2015, 06:41 PM
JK Newbie

Id like to know as well. I am looking at a soft top. My 15 came with hard top only option. ill need to pickup all the parts as well....unfortunately.

Last edited by ThirteenthCurve; 07-11-2015 at 12:01 PM.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:29 AM
JK Newbie

Reviving this thread. I'm contemplating either this or the Trektop NX to put on in the summer. This one is cheaper, but can't find many reviews on it.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the smittybilt top pretty good material. It's just my summer top I wouldn't run it in the winter and I find that the back window just isn't big enough. I can never get the back passenger side zipper to zip all the way shut. But it's convenient. All windows will fit within the top where you can open it and Velcro it back shut on the top of the top
Old 08-14-2015, 11:55 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Darb24
I have the smittybilt top pretty good material. It's just my summer top I wouldn't run it in the winter and I find that the back window just isn't big enough. I can never get the back passenger side zipper to zip all the way shut. But it's convenient. All windows will fit within the top where you can open it and Velcro it back shut on the top of the top

Did your top fit with the original molar header or did u purchase a header? And if so which one? And just curious if you have any pics of the rear window issue. I'm looking for a bowless top and don't really feel like dishing out 700 bucks for the bestow top that I'm only gonna use half the year

Quick Reply: Smittybilt Bowless Combo Top Opinions