Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Soft Top Back Window Zippers stuck

Old 12-20-2014, 01:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thetatheta322
I'll keep that in mind! Where can I find the super lube??
Stealership.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine did the same thing due to worn burrs on the alignment pins. Needed to take a flat file to them to remove the grooves/ burrs. I've been having good luck with crayon wax on the zippers also. Just keep one in the glove box and run the crayon over the zipper right before I put the window back in.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a zipper problem day one with my Jeep. Went back to the dealer and he did what I was too wimpy to do (I since have zero fu*%s left to give) and yanked on it with some channel loks. I now keep a bar of soap (I found it easier to manipulate than the zipper lube) (Irish spring to be exact) in the rear cubby. Have had zero zipper problems since. I'm not sure if this'll help or not but wanted to share my similar issue.
The following users liked this post:
Kev Sull (07-04-2020)
Old 02-27-2015, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I keep a beeswax candle in the rear cubby and run it over the teeth every three months or so. I got the idea from an old forum post a few years back (2011) and my zippers have run smoothly ever since.
The following users liked this post:
Kev Sull (07-04-2020)
Old 05-07-2015, 06:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are a mountain biker, get some WAX chain lube (not dry, not wet, WAX lube - comes in a drip bottle and is on the pricier side as far as chain lube goes, 6-10/bottle) - it really got mine moving smoothly again. Started painting it on with an old toothbrush, then just started dipping a little piece of sponge and saturating it with that.

Otherwise, my rear window was stuck and I couldn't get my rear window out - didn't realize the zipper tabs stay with the rear window! I was pulling the wrong way, and voila - got the window out no problem with that little tip (and a shot of fluid film the other day probably didn't hurt either)
Old 07-04-2020, 09:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jk rear window stuck bottom left ...tried Vaseline, swearing and pliers ...

Originally Posted by wilywillie
Mine's a real pain, too, so i roll it up and leave it in!
What a pain in the ass ...i do not want to wreck it so not sure how to go about it. I tried Vaseline & pliers still will not release. FRUSTRATION!

Quick Reply: Soft Top Back Window Zippers stuck