Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Soft top passenger side window help

Old 02-20-2015, 03:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 14Sport
I'm not seeing the plastic strip in this picture that tucks into the channel on the tub. It should run all the way to the corner. Is it missing or stops too early?
Yeah it's tucked in with only one row of thread showing like the directions say. I did pull it out to make sure and put it back with no issues. Again, the front of the window is tight as a drum and stays in place just fine.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mwtrent
Yeah it's tucked in with only one row of thread showing like the directions say. I did pull it out to make sure and put it back with no issues. Again, the front of the window is tight as a drum and stays in place just fine.
No the one that snaps in all along the tub, not the door surround.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	soft top.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	597806  

Last edited by 14Sport; 02-20-2015 at 03:52 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:03 AM
JK Junkie

Here's mine. My tub is line-x'd so the channel looks a little different. There should be a plastic strip along the bottom of the windows that has to be tucked into the slot along the top of the tub.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Soft Top Window 001 (Medium).jpg
Views:	159
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	597807  

Last edited by 14Sport; 02-20-2015 at 04:11 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here's mine. My tub is line-x'd so the channel looks a little different. There should be a plastic strip along the bottom of the windows that has to be tucked into the slot along the top of the tub.
Yeah that's where the issue is. The plastic is tucked into the tub rail and is tight towards the door but the closer you get to the rear window the looser the window gets. It's bad enough at the rear the I can peel the whole window from the tub rail with one finger. Passenger side is tight as a drum all the way around.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:17 AM
JK Junkie

I don't even see the strip on there in your picture. It should be sewed to the bottom seam. ANd the front edge of your sail panel looks loose. Is the bow level across the back when viewed from behind?
Old 02-20-2015, 08:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't even see the strip on there in your picture. It should be sewed to the bottom seam. ANd the front edge of your sail panel looks loose. Is the bow level across the back when viewed from behind?
It's kinda hard to see in the pic but it's right behind the zipper pull. Everything look straight. I would think it it were a bow issue the rear window and corners would have issues as well but even those are nice and tight.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:54 AM
JK Junkie

Do you have the pins right behind the sunrider, and if so, are they engaged in the holes?
Old 02-20-2015, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Do you have the pins right behind the sunrider, and if so, are they engaged in the holes?
You mean the lever that engages and holds the rear part of the top up when the sunrise is folded back? If so, yes. So my process was reissue the top and lock in the section where the sunrider clips in above the rear door, connect rear corners to tub rail, fold sunrider down to windshield and latch it shut, zip in each side window a couple inches, tuck in the channel at the rear of the door, zip it up, tuck in the tub rail and lay down the Velcro.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll try to get a video of what the issue is and show all of the usual points in question.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:33 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mwtrent
I'll try to get a video of what the issue is and show all of the usual points in question.
That would be great. Weather permitting, if you could put the top down and then video every step as you put it back up. And show the roll bar brackets before you start. And footage from inside of the bows and how they are attached to the top after it is up would be helpful.

Quick Reply: Soft top passenger side window help