something fell into shifter console area

JK Newbie

Default something fell into shifter console area

Somehow a dime randomly slipped down between the tiny gab between the shifter area(6 speed) and the side plastic pieces that enclose the shifter assembly. anyone know where this would end up and how i could remove it?

taking the console out isn't a huge ordeal... it's not the easiest thing in the world but it's not all that bad either. Just undo the shifter ring it pulls up and see if you can't get to it that way. If not then undo the torx screws on either side of the console and pull on on the E brake( all the way up). The plastic area surrounding it that goes up to the armrest area pulls up with clips starting at the edge of the armrest area. If you still can't get to it the sides unscrew and pull apart leaving you with the area all exposed. hopefully you'll be able to get to it by just pulling up the shifter ring. Good luck.
    2009 Unlimited Black
    TF 4inch, 37's and a ton of other expensive shit.

JK Newbie

thanks. im assuming that theres flooring underneath the center console area and that it doesnt just drop out to where the transmission is

shouldn't hurt a thing- every vehicle I disassemble for repair has loose change, partially eaten hamburgers inside the console housing....
    NOW RETIRED, WHEEL WHEN I WANT. I HAVE NO MONEY, BUT THE JK IS PAID FOR....08 JK 4DR X , 24S PACKAGE,YELLOW,AUTO,DUAL TOPS ,3.73 LSD,STEPS,TIRE COVER, STUBBIE FRONT BUMPER MOD, XM CONVERSION, OVERHEAD HANDLES, BILLET FUEL DOOR,1.5 WHEEL SPACERS, 1.75 FRONT LIFT,JK STICKERS, 26000 gvw TRANNY COOLER,GT COVERS BALLISTIC NYLON SEAT COVERS, PRETTY GAL, A REAL TIN KNEE NOTE: THE USE OF ANY SUGGESTIONS OR ADVICE POSTED HEREIN IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.GARY H.USAF 1970-76

5. Default JK-Forum