Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Speed Sensor (Christmas tree) issues?

Old 10-20-2016, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed Sensor (Christmas tree) issues?

I have had off and on lights coming on since relocating to Houston Texas. Finally they won't turn off so I started researching it more and found buried deep in threads back around 2011 that talked about ABS speed sensors causing this. I did what we all do and ordered the parts before verifying if that was truly it. But anticipating only one or two being bad and wanting to keep those not defective as backup I finally asked Lolo at O'Reilly to test it (I go to parts stores regularly, never have asked them to run codes) and learned it was only the driver side rear. I hope this helps some but the reason for create new thread is to see if this is more common or not. Who else has had this issue?
Old 10-20-2016, 09:46 AM
JK Junkie

Same issue, but mine ended up being the passenger side rear.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:44 AM
JK Freak

Same issue, thought it was something else that I did. Took it to the dealership for clock spring check. They clock spring ok, drivers rear speed sensor bad. Replaced it myself the next day. Now I have the airbag light going on & off. Sound like somebody is at the door wanting in as I drive down the road
Old 10-20-2016, 12:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had this issue on my 09 Dodge Ram. Back then, only the dealership scanners would tell you which wheel had the bad sensor. All covered under warranty.
Old 10-21-2016, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

My driver's rear as well. A regular code puller won't help. My mechanic buddy had a mode advanced code puller the pin pointed the problem. Cheap fix but very tough to figure out.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Highly recommend this one. I haven't found a car it doesn't work on.

https://www.amazon.com/INNOVA-3150-D...ds=INNOVA+3150
Old 10-22-2016, 02:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you move your key from the off position to the on position 3 times, on the third time it will come up with faults (it's not perfect 100% of the time) and will tell you which sensor it is.

Quick Reply: Speed Sensor (Christmas tree) issues?