Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Squicking fromt rear

Old 05-29-2015, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squicking fromt rear

Every time I turn right I get a loud squeak from the driver side rear tire....it's a stock 2014 rubicon that hasn't ever been off roading..haven't had a chance to get it on a lift or even take the tire off to inspect it yet but what are your thoughts....
Old 05-29-2015, 07:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by steadman
Every time I turn right I get a loud squeak from the driver side rear tire....it's a stock 2014 rubicon that hasn't ever been off roading..haven't had a chance to get it on a lift or even take the tire off to inspect it yet but what are your thoughts....
Take advantage of your warranty. Once it's fixed, get that Rubicon out for the wheeling it's meant for!
Old 05-29-2015, 08:06 PM
JK Newbie

Sorry about all the spell check...driver side rear squeak...I have an apt at the dealership...I'll let you guys know...I don't get to wheel because there is almost nowhere to wheel on Oahu by I'm moving to Maryland soon
Old 05-30-2015, 03:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It could be a few things from bent axle flange or brakes having debris or loose brake shims... I hope you get it resolved.
Old 05-30-2015, 03:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

...or bad unit bearing.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:33 PM
JK Newbie

So dealership said I had so much clay and sand built up in the back brake they had to use a Dremel to cut it out...haven't been playing in the mud in months so why would it be bad all of a sudden?

Quick Reply: Squicking fromt rear