Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Starting problems

Old 07-08-2014, 01:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting problems

Hello all,
So... 2010 jk Rubi, 6-speed, 30000 miles, shows no fault codes on programmer, all lights bells and whistles come on, wont start. Tried back up key, not going to be easy. Tried to jump the starter, no dice. Tried push starting, no go. Got lifetime warranty on jeep so I take off my programmer before takeing into dealership, for some reason put programmer back on and it says to put the key in the run position to link the programmer. Odd because it is in the run position. Any ideas. If it is something easy i would like to save myself time and the deductible. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:07 AM
JK Freak

i myself cant do much if the diagnostic comp doesnt know whats wrong hehe, esp with a manual you cant push start, that sounds like something is fubar in the jeeps brains.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What programmer are you running. Also try to disconnect the battery for 15 minutes and then reconnect the battery and see if that helps good luck.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:32 AM
JK Newbie

thanks for the replys,
Sorry forgot to mention that one. I did try disconnecting the bat. Dealer called yesterday and they said something along the lines of the fuse block(all the fuses were good) and something else on it. Should be done later today or tomorrow. I will post their repairs when I see all they have done. Oh and the programmer is the diablo trinity sport.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:09 AM
JK Newbie

Default starting problem solved in my sahara 6 speed.

I bypassed the clutch starter interlock and ordered a new one for later installation. starts every time!

Quick Reply: Starting problems