Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Steering tightening up???

Old 03-20-2017, 03:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Steering tightening up???

So my 2012 Jeep JKU Sport's steering has been acting real strange lately. While in park or neutral (I have an automatic) the steering is easy and smooth with no problems, but the second I put it into reverse or drive the steering tightens up hard for the about the last full and half steering wheel rotation. I've crawled under while I had someone steer for me and theres nothing rubbing on anything. Any ideas what could be causing this?
Old 03-20-2017, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sltimmins
So my 2012 Jeep JKU Sport's steering has been acting real strange lately. While in park or neutral (I have an automatic) the steering is easy and smooth with no problems, but the second I put it into reverse or drive the steering tightens up hard for the about the last full and half steering wheel rotation. I've crawled under while I had someone steer for me and theres nothing rubbing on anything. Any ideas what could be causing this?
any work/upgrades done to it lately?
Old 03-20-2017, 03:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by shawnphi1
any work/upgrades done to it lately?
Just new rims but I drove on them for about 2-3 weeks before this started happening. Haven't touched any of the steering parts.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:38 PM
JK Newbie

Anyone got any ideas??

Quick Reply: Steering tightening up???