Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Steering wheel clicking noise

Old 07-01-2015, 11:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering wheel clicking noise

Whenever my wheels are straight and I rotate the steering wheel left or right just a little (like 10-15 degrees) it will make a little 'click' noise and won't make the noise again until the wheel is straightened back. It makes the noise with the car on or off, and I can be in park and wiggle the steering wheel back and forth to make it continually click. It does sound like it is coming from the steering wheel itself. The steering doesn't feel lose, has no drift, and I don't feel any resistance before it makes the click sound.

Anyone have an idea what it could be? I've read it could be a clock spring but I can't find any info on where it is, what it looks like, or how I would get to it and fix it.

Sounds kind of like a clock tick noise?

Last edited by MountJEEP; 07-28-2016 at 06:26 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:01 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...-clunk-139516/
Old 07-17-2015, 12:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turns out it is the clock spring. This video shows the noise except mine was a bit louder. Get to spend $165 on a new part and a project

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaaJrfeV918

Quick Reply: Steering wheel clicking noise