Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Stock Fog Lights not working

Old 06-21-2010, 09:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Fog Lights not working

anyone have a post discussing stock fog lights and troubleshooting.

I Noticed they haven't been working. checked fuses to no avail.

Dunked the jeep past the bumpers a few times, however, the bulbs don't look burnt.

Any advice to assist in the diagnostics would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

J
Old 06-21-2010, 09:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...what-they-mean

Check your codes. They might tell you if there is a short or open in the line.

I don't have the fuse designations in front of me but go back and double check ANYTHING that might have to do with the fogs.

I had a Third Brake Light failure. I checked the obvious fuses. I went through the fuse listing and found a blown fuse labeled "Rear Corner Node" or something vague like that.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:47 AM
JK Newbie

So I have owned the Jeep for over 3 years now- just figured out how to turn the stock fogs on. Its all about pulling out. Cant wait to try em out tonight. I assumed they came on with parking lights- just never noticed. Is there anything else Im not aware of?
Old 06-22-2010, 05:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jcrowell
So I have owned the Jeep for over 3 years now- just figured out how to turn the stock fogs on. Its all about pulling out. Cant wait to try em out tonight. I assumed they came on with parking lights- just never noticed. Is there anything else Im not aware of?
Yes, you may not be aware that your owners manual is in your glove box. LOL

Wait till you see the difference with your factory fogs. You are going to be kicking yourself for the three years of non use and will be using your high beams a lot less now for sure.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Make sure you wear your sign from now on.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cheers!

BB
Old 06-23-2010, 12:01 PM
JK Newbie

Check your bulbs. Mine stopped working and I thought it was the wiring. Finally took the bulbs out and looked at them carefully. They were both blown. Easy fix.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dylanjam77
Yes, you may not be aware that your owners manual is in your glove box. LOL

Wait till you see the difference with your factory fogs. You are going to be kicking yourself for the three years of non use and will be using your high beams a lot less now for sure.

A giant jungle rat constructed a nest in my glovebox using my owners manual as building materials.

yea its a brand new jeep
Old 06-24-2010, 04:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Fog lights wont go on if you have your highbeams on! Check on that also...
Old 06-24-2010, 05:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had my TJ for a couple of months before I figured out the same thing. Luckily for me the JK uses the same process.

A couple of other little things that you might not know:
You can "blink to pass" by pushing / lifting on the turn signal switch very quickly. Your blinkers will blink three times, then stop. (Took me a while to figure this one out)
Once you start the Jeep, you will not grind the starter by accidentally turning the key to "Start" again. (Did this by accident in a parking lot once. Luckily, didn't get that GRIND from the starter)
Your rear dome light (at least on a 4 door) can by tunred on/off by pushing on it, independent from the door switches. (Had a dead battery once due to hitting the rear dome light while unloading some stuff, than having it stay on for the entire night)

Anthony

Quick Reply: Stock Fog Lights not working