Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Sway Bar Quick Disconnects

Old 07-21-2014, 11:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway Bar Quick Disconnects

I am thinking about putting some quick disconnects on my sahara. I have a 2.5" teraflex BB and am running 35's. I am not looking to break the bank, so I found these by rough country.

Rough Country Front Sway Bar Quick Disconnects for 2.5" Lift - RC-1029

Do I need rear disconnects as well, or do you really only need front disconnects?
Old 07-21-2014, 11:34 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

only need front disconnects but you may need some longer rear sway bar links on the rear. JKS makes a nice adjustable one.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:39 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snw_brdr10
I am thinking about putting some quick disconnects on my sahara. I have a 2.5" teraflex BB and am running 35's. I am not looking to break the bank, so I found these by rough country.

Rough Country Front Sway Bar Quick Disconnects for 2.5" Lift - RC-1029

Do I need rear disconnects as well, or do you really only need front disconnects?
You should be fine with those. Not a bad price either. You only need fronts.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same lift height, same tires, same disconnect. Works fine. Make sure you have enough bumpstop first time you disconnect or you will rub fenders. Also I've had the bolts that attach to the sway bar loosen up once or twice. A little locktite would be a good idea
Old 07-22-2014, 03:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As mentioned, just disconnect the front...

I use the Teraflex front quick disconnects and I really like them. Word to the wise though, if you are running stock or close to stock back spacing, don't bother installing the mount it comes with the stow it out of the way. It brings the sway bar up WAY too high, and it will rub. The new design of this disconnect has all rounded edges, so you're not going to shred a sidewall like days past, but I just velcro them out of the way level with the frame. Works good.

Any disconnect you get make sure and keep it lubed up, or you will catch hell getting them on and off. On top of hitting the grease fitting just slightly each time I disconnect, I spray a little WD-40 on the pin before I try to slide it on. Works like magic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0406.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	566793

Quick Reply: Sway Bar Quick Disconnects