Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Synergy Tie Rod Ends and Stock Tie Rod?

Old 08-23-2014, 09:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Synergy Tie Rod Ends and Stock Tie Rod?

My left end is worn out. I'm planning on getting a pair of Synergy ends but wanted to make sure it worked fine with the OEM tie rod. Ends are $30 each and the really nice Synergy Rod and Ends are $325 (Northridge). My stock tie rod is fine so I thought I'd just get the ends. Is the threading and size going to match up? Would I be much better off spending the extra $260 on the full kit?

TIA!
Old 08-23-2014, 12:31 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

If you go off road on anything much more than dirt roads, the tie rod and drag link are pretty vulnerable to being bent. I've seen several bent. Recommend replace with a quality product like Synergy. If you don't off road, recommend you check with Northridge on whether parts will work as you want. They are the ones who will need to take them back if you decide that isn't a good approach. :-)
Old 08-23-2014, 01:22 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The stock tie rod right hand TRE is crimped on. Not sure it can be removed.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've seen the stock tie rod ends removed, so I tried to do the same thing you want to do. I could not get the tie rod end off and ended up just getting the synergy bar.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:28 PM
JK Newbie

Good stuff - I'll call Northridge but sounds like I need to do the full bar kit.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Synergy Tie Rod Ends and Stock Tie Rod?