Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

For those with the Mopar hitch reciever and 7 way harness...

Old 09-08-2007, 03:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those with the Mopar hitch reciever and 7 way harness...

This may be a silly question, but if you have the mopar hitch reciever (or is it reciever hitch?) and the 7-way wiring harness, is the plug held onto the hitch by the clip or whatever? Or does it just dangle?
Old 09-08-2007, 05:21 PM
JK Newbie

Default Hitch

The MOPAR kit should have come with a bracket that bolts on to the frame (you have to drill two holes) and the plug bolts onto the bracket. If you don't have the bracket, you can buy one at any trailer or RV shop.

If your JK did not come from the factory with a hitch receiver and 4 pin harness, you will need to take the JK to the dealer and have them flash the computer so that the engine and transmission will be set up for towing.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default 7-Pin harness comes with a bracket

I have the Hidden Hitch and the 7 - Pin harness and installed them both myself. I originally attached the bracket to the Hitch itself (there is a mounting position for it) but I didn't like how it looked. I decided to drill a couple of holes in the same crossmember that the hitch is bolted to and screwed it right up there.

In this first picture, you can see the 7-Pin connector and the included Mount:

In this picture, you can see where I mounted it as compared to the mount provided by HiddenHitch. I didn't like the way it mounted at an angle, or how much lower it hung if mounted there.

After I drilled the holes for the self tapping screws, I gooped a bunch of RTV in the holes and on the screws to fend off rust. It is hard to tell from the image, but I drilled the holes so that the face of the bracket was flush with the face of the HiddenHitch and I'm pretty happy with how it looks. I may at some later date add a 4-Pin and mount that to the Hitch on that bracket, but in the Mean time, I carry a 7 - 4 Pin adapter that works pretty well.

Quick Reply: For those with the Mopar hitch reciever and 7 way harness...