Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

2012 jk door problem

Old 12-06-2011, 09:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 jk door problem

So i just got into a new 2012 jk unlimited sport, and i love it so far, the new motor is far more drivable than the old 3.8. My drivers side rear door is having some problems though, and it is at the dealer right now, but they are having trouble figuring it out as well even with chrylser tech support, so i wanted to see if anyone on here has had or heard of the same problem so i could save the dealer

anyway the automatic door lock has never worked on that door, didnt notice it till a few days after driving it off the lot, the lock has to be operated manually, and the jeep does not detect that door being opened as the dome light does not come on, and the little evic display does not say that it is opened when it is open....

The door is plugged in and is getting power because the power window works, and i have tried un plugging it and re plugging it in.......
Old 12-06-2011, 09:22 PM
JK Newbie

Oh and all the other doors work just fine...only the drivers side rear door is having issues
Old 12-06-2011, 09:33 PM
JK Newbie

that's why you get manual locks!
Old 12-06-2011, 09:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by j33p4life
that's why you get manual locks!
werd ! ^

sorry to hear though ! hope all goes smooth ! noone likes issues with a brand new ride !!
I have a 12 but have manual locks !
Old 12-07-2011, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like either a bad door lock switch, or bad door lock magnetic sensor. The sensors are located inside the door and inside of the pillar. But I thought the sensor just tells the computor that the door is shut. Not sure as to why it doesn't lock. Unless the sensor has something to do with that.
Kind of makes you wonder though how these things make it pass the inspectors test.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:49 PM
JK Newbie

Something like that was wrong with my jeep when I first got it too. The dome light wouldn't work when the door was opened. I brought it back and they fixed the problem in minutes. Turned out to be just a loose wire nothing serious
Old 12-07-2011, 07:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Working on the older grand Cherokees the door latch lock and open door switch were all built into one unit

Why can't they take a new unit from parts and or a door off a new stock JKU on the sales lot to determine if the issue is in the door or something worse like the bus system or wiring from the computer to the connector at the rear door

Not to mention if they are already calling Chrysler support man I hope they have a senior tech working on your jeep
Old 12-07-2011, 07:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BadTrainDriver
Four replies, and three are bragging about manual locks.
Really?
I thought, from my short time I've been on this forum, that this place was better than that...
Unfortunately, you'll get used to it.

Back to the OP, sounds like a typical warranty issue. My Rubicon "blew" a rear shock with less than 200 miles on it. It happens...
Old 12-08-2011, 05:18 PM
JK Newbie

Default found the problem

so they found that the "body wiring harness" was routed wrong and was pinched and a few wires were broke, and instead of just fixing the few wires they are ordering an entirely new body wiring harness since it is brand new! Only problem is the repair is going to take a few days once they get the parts in because they basically have to remove the entire interior of the vehicle, glad its under warranty and not costing me a cent, thanks for the help though!

Quick Reply: 2012 jk door problem