Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

with top off seat belt vibrates bad!

Old 03-26-2015, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default with top off seat belt vibrates bad!

Have a 13 2 door. Just took the top off this week. While driving around noticed that the seat belt vibrates bad with the top and doors off. Any suggestions for stopping or damping this? Thanks
Old 03-26-2015, 06:03 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hermesgrafix
Have a 13 2 door. Just took the top off this week. While driving around noticed that the seat belt vibrates bad with the top and doors off. Any suggestions for stopping or damping this? Thanks
Pull it tighter
Old 03-26-2015, 06:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hermesgrafix
I used the padded seat belt covers you can get at Walmart for $2 ea. I put them on the part of the belt that comes from the floor, up to the top of the seat. That's where mine were vibrating really bad with the doors off. I'll try and grab a pic tomorrow.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:53 PM
JK Newbie

>I used the padded seat belt covers you can get at Walmart for $2 ea. I put them on the part of the belt that comes from the floor, up to the top of the seat. That's where mine were vibrating really bad with the doors off.<

That's a great idea!
Old 03-26-2015, 10:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Cutman
I used the padded seat belt covers you can get at Walmart for $2 ea. I put them on the part of the belt that comes from the floor, up to the top of the seat. That's where mine were vibrating really bad with the doors off. I'll try and grab a pic tomorrow.
X2...works like a charm.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:12 AM
JK Newbie

I'm gonna have to try this. It doesn't bother me to bad but the wife goes crazy. Thanks.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:50 AM
JK Super Freak

I just tuck the seatbelt behind the recline lever. It still vibrates but not nearly as bad
Old 03-27-2015, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

The plastic it vibrates off of is held on by those automotive push pins. You can pull it out, tuck belt behind it than push the pin so it clicks once or twice. Keeps it loose enough for belt to slide back and forth. But then the belt is behind the plastic protecting it from the wind. $0
Old 03-27-2015, 06:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine does it too. Haven't had the top off in a while, though. I had it off on a long trip and I was going to listen to flapping seatbelts for 600 miles. I tied it to the pillar with a piece of rope.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:35 AM
JK Newbie

The padded seatbelt cover is the way go.

Quick Reply: with top off seat belt vibrates bad!