Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

TPMS & Valve Stem fix

Old 05-16-2011, 01:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have 5 sitting in a drawer and run regular rubber stems in my wheels. If I get some wheels that protect the metal stems (my 08 has the metal ones) I'll reinstall them. For now my programmer shut off the light and everything works just fine...
Old 07-17-2011, 03:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the same thing on my 2010. Unfortunately they changed the tpms for 2010, and I had to go through the research on the schrader website for myself. When I went to NAPA they had no idea what i was talking about because they had changed the part number. So for 2010 and up it is 92-0145 which is the rubber version (really wish i had the metal ones because the rubber is a real pain in the dick to get on and off). Anyways, it only cost $5, way better than what the dealership wanted: $79 for parts and $15 for labor.

trail change when it broke

best way to break a bead ever

new parts
Old 07-18-2011, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy's 08' had the metal ones, I haven't seen any previous to 10' with rubber ones. It seems to be stock number issue.

Quick Reply: TPMS & Valve Stem fix