Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Traction Light, ABS Light, ESP BAS Light On - Having trouble troubleshooting.......

Old 10-21-2014, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The codes are in.....

C102A
C1027
U1417

Seems like everything having to do with the left side. C102A is the left rear. C1027 is the front left ABS module but also lists left rear. U1417 is Implausible Left Wheel Distance Received.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:48 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

This happened to me. Warranty replaced my abs module

sent from my obama monitoring device
Old 10-23-2014, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Resolved. Drivers side rear wheel sensor. Christmas lights went out after driving 30 feet. Just an FYI, I bought what I thought was a non OEM wheel sensor and saved $5 in the process through Amazon. Search for Standard Motor Products ALS1932 ABS Wheel Speed Sensor. When I opened the generic box, inside was a plastic wrapped Mopar part!!!! I am still seeing the ABS codes through the fancy scanner but I believe the Jeep needs to cycle on off a few times before they clear completely.

Thanks again for everyone's help!!! I hope this thread is informative to others.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:28 AM
JK Freak

I am going to throw this in because it makes absolutely no sense but I had the same lights on my Dash. Took a look and nothing looked out of the ordinary. Checked the bearings and they were fine. The only thing I noticed that was wrong with the whole Jeep was the passenger front fog light was burnt out. Well I didn't want to replace the bulb with a factory one so I got some after market lights and after I got them installed, the warning lights on the dash went away and never came on again. Coincidence I don't know but it worked.

Quick Reply: Traction Light, ABS Light, ESP BAS Light On - Having trouble troubleshooting.......