Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Tranmission softwear update.

Old 03-01-2015, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranmission softwear update.

So a couple of weeks ago I was in rush hour traffic and started hearing a clicking when my Jeep would down shift. Example: Gas, roll, click.(downshift) Breaks. Brought to dealer for some other stuff. Told service advisor, he said he would check it out.

Well called me back later that day and said the transmission needed a update on the software. Anyone ever heard of this?

10A
Auto

Rock don't care...
Old 03-01-2015, 09:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had a the software done a few weeks back. It is shifting better now. The TSB I saw, was related to some improper functions related to temp and elevation. Not sure what software there would be for your issue. Reality, everything on these rigs today are controlled by software.
Old 03-01-2015, 09:03 AM
JK Freak

No, not yet. But if it can solve the problem of going from 4 low to 4 high and have a box full of neutrals, then I will be happy for them to do the flush and update.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:25 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 4x4chick
No, not yet. But if it can solve the problem of going from 4 low to 4 high and have a box full of neutrals, then I will be happy for them to do the flush and update.
that too was part of the flash update I received.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4chick
What was going on with your shifting?

Rock don't care...

Quick Reply: Tranmission softwear update.